This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love video games of today and they have come a long way but...

#31SigmaHacielPosted 6/24/2013 9:01:12 PM
I agree.

While I can find a good gem every so often, nothing has stay-power this gen. Or even last gen.

I can consistently go back a few gens and pick up a game from that time that will STILL give me a "wow" feeling. I can't do that to this gen.
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#32MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:03:59 PM
Quote:I agree.

While I can find a good gem every so often, nothing has stay-power this gen. Or even last gen.

I can consistently go back a few gens and pick up a game from that time that will STILL give me a "wow" feeling. I can't do that to this gen.

@SigmaHaciel

After some thought there are a few that I can go back and keep playing, Oblivion, Mass Effect 2, and probably now the Last of Us, the game is incredible!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#33MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:09:16 PM
Quote:MMAKSX posted...
Quote:MMAKSX posted...
Quote:Why don't you do something with your life, TC? I'm serious. You're probably only reminiscing over those days because you were happier then.
@wigsplasher

I had family members back then that are no longer with me anymore.

So did everyone else.
@wigsplasher

Ok....

What are you confused about? Quit being emo.

@wigsplasher

Because I dont understand why you are even telling me these things, I dont miss those days, I just like the games a lot more than I do now, who said that I miss being back in that time over my current living situation? Just because I get nostalgic about some games does not mean I want to be there again or that I was happier, only thing that would make me is seeing that family that is not with me anymore.

I dont even know why Im telling you this, you dont even know me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#34A_Nonny_MoosePosted 6/24/2013 9:16:01 PM
The 8-16 bit era stand out because it's the most unique. The visuals and audio from that time are unlike anything from any other era of any other audio-visual medium.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png