This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think about it. Dante's Inferno is the definitive depiction of good vs evil!

#1HerrxPosted 6/24/2013 12:15:54 PM
I know I have made many thread about Dante's Inferno in the past and I apologize for that, but here's another.

I am very much interested in the fight of good versus evil in fiction. I mean in the real world there are really no good and evil, but only acts and consieunces. However when you play games, I am fascinated by light versus dark. Jing and jang. One cannot exist without another. Like light anddark, day/night, good/evil, Batman/The Joker,

This is also the reason i'm fascinated by Dante's Inferno, because its the most classical and best depiction of good versul evil ever in a game. think about it. We have the fallen templar Dante's seeking redemption for his past sins, wanting to make pease with good and be reunited with his only true love Beatrice in Paradise. Thats the good side. Then we have Dante's Traversing the nine layers of hell and at the deepest bottom of this terrifying place, lies the very incarnated pf evil, Lucifer/Satan/The Devil in chains. And Satan is a giant threefaced demon, with black wings, and his real form or whatever is a satyrlike monster. Satan or Lucifer in this game, is the very opposite of everything that good stands for. He is the scource of existence. A being that have existed since time begang. The serpent in the garden of eden. The One who tempted kings and emperors and led them to damnation. The one who have birth to sin. Satan in this game is evil incarnate and noone in any other game, can depict a greater evil. Sorry folks I was going on a ram here. I'm not a satanist, I believe in everything that is good, therefor i'm also fascinated by this game. What are you're opinions?
---
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine - Humphrey Bogart - Casablanca
#2Paragon-57Posted 6/24/2013 12:25:56 PM
I know I have made many thread about Dante's Inferno in the past and I apologize for that, but here's another.

No kidding, it's almost as if you're obsessed about the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3?search=Dante%27s+Inferno

Not just the PS3 board, but the 360 board as well...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360?search=Dante%27s+Inferno
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#3ATTACK__CATPosted 6/24/2013 1:07:34 PM
^ so what? if he enjoys the game and wants to talk about it good for him.

personally i felt dante wasn't depicted as the ultimate good... He sinned committing infidelity (an affair) despite swearing himself to his wife. a bishop (priest) on the crusades said that they were doing 'gods work' and thus 'all their sins would be forgiven' and so dante felt that his infidelity would be too.

the truth was that the crusades were nothing but a slaughter, a second sin that dante committed.

its also worth noting none of this occured in the original 'inferno' by dante. dante was an observer passing through hell then purgatory then heaven. he did not fight, and he had not sinned. he sought nothing but safe passage, but was drawn deeper through curiosity at the ordered chaos to the torments that he saw.

satan was also depicted totally differently in the texts. he resided in the icy 9th circle (circle of treachery) where he is incased in ice up to his waist (other traitors are up to the chin). he has 3 faces, and each face chews upon arch-traitors (brutus and cassius who killed caesar, judas iscariot who betrayed jesus). he also has wings that beat 'as if he were trying to escape' blowing the icy wind and freezing the rest of the circle.

he is a sinner just as all the others, suffering the same punishment. he is not the architect of hell, he is just another prisoner there. its in this regard he is referred to as the exact anti-thesis of god. god is all powerful and all knowing. satan is powerless, and knows nothing but his prison and his prior sins, lamenting and hating. in dantes inferno he is depicted as powerful so that he could be the 'main bad guy'. in the original text he was nothing like that. he was just another suffering soul (albeit a larger one without human form).
#4Paragon-57Posted 6/24/2013 1:15:28 PM
^ so what? if he enjoys the game and wants to talk about it good for him.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/66508463

He wants a religious argument to errupt.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#5ATTACK__CATPosted 6/24/2013 1:35:46 PM
there are better ways...

I mean he didnt even say anything controversial. it just reads as 'I love this game and enjoy its symbolism'.

and my response was intended as a:

'fair enough mate i will happily share my opinion / interesting facts.'
#6AnonUnknownPosted 6/24/2013 3:33:37 PM
Troll confirmed?
---
Random quote from random game/movie/book/whatever no one really cares of.
Official nobody in no boards.
#7RagnoraokPosted 6/24/2013 3:54:40 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
Troll confirmed?

considering that good and evil are mere human constructs and perspective and NOT real entities/force of nature, then I say....troll confirmed.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#8ATTACK__CATPosted 6/25/2013 6:53:19 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
AnonUnknown posted...
Troll confirmed?

considering that good and evil are mere human constructs and perspective and NOT real entities/force of nature, then I say....troll confirmed.

I believe you missed an 'In my opinion' there.

because you know... religion is a big thing... and in most religions good and evil are dictated by god/gods.

you want to be an atheist / humanist / whatever fine, but your personal beliefs on what good and evil are no more valid than anyone elses, religious or not. its all theory, and for all we know anyone could be right, hell even the nutters/extremists could be right.

I havent checked those links, and I don't intend to. TC hasn't done anything even close to trolling IN THIS TOPIC... so I see no reason to instantly label him as one.

after all at the end of the day even trolls have favourite games and opinions.
#9sonicteam2k1Posted 6/25/2013 7:14:43 AM
ATTACK__CAT posted...
personally i felt dante wasn't depicted as the ultimate good... He sinned committing infidelity (an affair) despite swearing himself to his wife.

IIRC he wasn't married to her yet, and she was pregnant by him. So there's a sin right there.

anyway, great game IMO. just bought it on Vita so I could play it on the go. It's pretty stripped down though.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#10ISquat600lbsPosted 6/25/2013 7:36:37 AM
Obvious God of War rip off but great game. Don't know how this could possibly spark a religious argument, it's just "good vs evil", it's obvious what that entails regardless of which super being you pray to.

And "Paragon-57" let him have his thread, you spam enough of your own stupid threads on this board that you post any time any news website updates, why not post in one of those? Take a break from posting if you've got sand in your *@%!*$.
---
Most of the time I'm riding bicycles and on a lot of Colombian marching powder and coffee, forgive me if I act like an #%$hole. Or not, IDC.