This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Lightning(FF13 series) is a terrible character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. C/D Lightning(FF13 series) is a terrible character
2 years ago#91
D
After playing through 13, I thought that she had some good character development, and was a decent character overall. As opposed to some of the people in 12 (like Penelo), she had a personality.

Unless you meant Hope. If you meant that whiney-ass kid, then yes, he's terrible.
---
Slow down, buddy! Just because people can read it doesn't mean it isn't crap!
2 years ago#92
superbowl54 posted...
Confirm

but then again everything about FFXIII is terrible.

---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
2 years ago#93
C

One of the least memorable characters in FF history. Shes about as badass as a ham sandwich.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
2 years ago#94
Confirm.

She's just so soulless. She is the text book example of "cold hearted person who eventually warms up to friends" character with nothing to distinguish her from the other thousand characters that fit that description. SE just saw that people liked Cloud and Squall (and possibly Lenneth) and tried to replicate their success without picking up on the aspects of the earlier characters that made them stand out (Cloud's severe mental issues and the sheer intimacy we have with Squalls inner monologue). Adding to all that is she's just all so irritating in that first half of XIII

Which wouldn't be so bad if SE wasn't so convinced that they made the best thing since sliced bread
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
2 years ago#95
Deny. I don't think she's the best character ever, but she's far from bad. I think that my least favourite character in the entire Final Fantasy series would be Squall. I found him to be absolutely terrible.
2 years ago#96
EliteGuard99 posted...
I should quit? All because I didn't fall for his poorly written sidequest?

You should quit because you have terrible taste in video games.
---
"We are all Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do." - Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
2 years ago#97
mad_hax_man posted...
Confirm.

She's just so soulless. She is the text book example of "cold hearted person who eventually warms up to friends" character with nothing to distinguish her from the other thousand characters that fit that description. SE just saw that people liked Cloud and Squall (and possibly Lenneth) and tried to replicate their success without picking up on the aspects of the earlier characters that made them stand out (Cloud's severe mental issues and the sheer intimacy we have with Squalls inner monologue). Adding to all that is she's just all so irritating in that first half of XIII

Which wouldn't be so bad if SE wasn't so convinced that they made the best thing since sliced bread

This doesn't make her "soulless." You can call her unoriginal, but it's disingenuous to do so without looking for what makes her different from other examples of the same trope. Neither Squall or Cloud, or any character, is impervious to the popular tactic of a GameFAQs critic to sum something up in a sentence and say, "look how shallow it is because I did that."

Also, that last sentence is an obvious fallacy in judging a character, and undermines your criticism. It says, "I'm angered that Square Enix likes this character, so I'm going to be extra harsh."
2 years ago#98
D
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
2 years ago#99
D, I like her.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
2 years ago#100
D. Worst FF protag ever.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona
Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. C/D Lightning(FF13 series) is a terrible character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived