This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you actually enjoy any widely hated games?

#1knightoffire55Posted 6/25/2013 10:55:31 PM
I'm not talking about stuff like DmC that got positive reviews from critics. I'm talking about stuff like AMY or Sonic 06. Stuff that scored below a 40 on Metacritic.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2ReyMilansteryoPosted 6/25/2013 11:01:12 PM
Mindjack

Neh just kidding that game is terrible
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Saints Row the Third, Tales of Graces F
#3gamestop27Posted 6/25/2013 11:07:54 PM
Resident Evil 6, I don't like the overabundance of QTEs in that game, but the new mechanics and the controls are amazing to me.
---
A shotgun up your buttcrack. No, I won't fire it, I'm just stuffing it up there.~ Microsoft
#4kel25Posted 6/25/2013 11:11:36 PM
Here is a list of games that scored below 40 on meta. I haven't played any of them but I am interested in trying The Walking Dead Survival Instinct once it is in the bargain bin. It has some interesting ideas.

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Fatal Conspiracy
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Thor: God of Thunder
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
Dead Space Ignition
The History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
Kung Fu Rider
Power Gig: Rise of the SixString
Damnation
ShellShock 2: Blood Trails
The Expendables 2 Videogame
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
AMY
Kick-Ass
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
DreamWorks Kung Fu Panda 2
Dream Chronicles
Smash 'N' Survive
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009
Vampire Rain: Altered Species
Test Yourself: Psychology
Rogue Warrior
NBA Unrivaled
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
#5ReyMilansteryoPosted 6/25/2013 11:11:49 PM
gamestop27 posted...
Resident Evil 6, I don't like the overabundance of QTEs in that game, but the new mechanics and the controls are amazing to me.

RE6 got around 75 metascore.
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Saints Row the Third, Tales of Graces F
#6star_guy_100Posted 6/25/2013 11:17:09 PM
i liked amy alot. i still say people have an incorrect view of the game. all those reviews came when it was released, everyone decided it was terrible and was done with it. they patched it so its actually pretty decent but no one even paid attention

i also like x blades and enchanted arms, not the greatest but better then alot of other games ive played with a much bigger budget and name recognition.
#7Flare1721Posted 6/25/2013 11:17:45 PM
Im enjoying FF13-2 as we speak.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2, We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721 Boston Bruins thank you for a hard fought season!
#8o5pr3yPosted 6/25/2013 11:18:22 PM
Tenchu Z always comes to mind. Repeated levels, terrible, terrible AI, (seriously, you could run up to them in the open and slash them point blank. How is that stealth?), nearly a complete lack of story. Yet I got all 100% in it.
---
GT: Ninja Gunpants
#9gamestop27Posted 6/25/2013 11:23:14 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
gamestop27 posted...

RE6 got around 75 metascore.

Oh, I don't check the metascore for games and mostly see disparaging comments about RE6 on this board.
---
A shotgun up your buttcrack. No, I won't fire it, I'm just stuffing it up there.~ Microsoft
#10king_maddenPosted 6/25/2013 11:31:18 PM
it depends on where the game is hated from.

if its hated from people on this board, then yes there are a ton of games I like that people here hate.

if its hated by people offline (friends of mine and other people i interact with), there may be a few games we disagree on.

as for metacritic sacred citadel, defiance, RE: ORC, warfighter, london olympics. probably a good amount more.