This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassins Creed Series Help

#1DevilslicerPosted 6/26/2013 3:02:32 PM
Okay so after seeing Black flag at E3 I am kinda of interested in getting into the Assassins Creed Series. Is there anything I should know now about the games and no spoilers please. I know that some of them have online mode which I am not too fussed about. On average how long will each game take to finish I do enjoy side quests and enjoy getting 100% completion in most games.

Thanks for your time
---
A true hero seeks neither fame or fortune... only the courage which he needs to fight.
#2Bloodlines1191Posted 6/26/2013 3:10:13 PM
Personally, to avoid being lost, just wait till Black Flag.

They are usually 10-12 hours minus side quests.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#3justchill433Posted 6/26/2013 3:17:41 PM
If you want to 100% them it will take 20-30 hours. Skip Revelations. You might even want to skip AC1 and read a plot summary/YouTube it.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#4Devilslicer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:33:17 PM
Is there a reason why i should skip revelations?
---
A true hero seeks neither fame or fortune... only the courage which he needs to fight.
#5EternalNetherPosted 6/26/2013 4:17:33 PM
Devilslicer posted...
Is there a reason why i should skip revelations?

Some people don't like it or feel like it adds enough to the series. But don't skip it. Revelations is quite good. Just skip the first one. It can literally be summed up in 5 minutes, which they do at the beginning of 2, which is one of the best improvements over a previous game in recent memory.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#6kel25Posted 6/26/2013 4:22:01 PM
Just play AC2 and skip the rest. It was the only good game in the entire series.
#7evidpeedPosted 6/26/2013 5:07:01 PM
Uh...play all of them. You have plenty of time.

Assassins Creed- awesome when it came out. Still is. People who don't like it didn't buy it when it first came out and played the second one first. Plus the main character is important to the story and is mentioned in every other game. My personal favorite of the series.

Assassins Creed 2- awesome as well. Does everything a sequel should do and then some.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood- good. Interesting little tidbits added. Nice setting.

Assassins Creed Revelations- good as well. This is where the games get stale. Not much added to make it feel new. Characters are good and story is good. Especially certain parts. Wraps up the story of the main characters from AC1 and 2.

Assassins Creed 3- very rushed, but for a plot reason. Still fun nonetheless. A little different. It'll keep you interested.
---
Official Vanitas of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
PSN: PhantomOfVanitas
#8RKO_ON_RAWPosted 6/26/2013 5:48:23 PM
He's trying to get into the series. Telling him things like "just play AC2" or "skip revelations" won't let him experience what the series is about.

I think you should try them all but obviously don't buy them all at once in case you don't like the games. Definitely don't play them out of order either.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#9Devilslicer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:34:22 AM
evidpeed

Uh...play all of them. You have plenty of time.

Assassins Creed- awesome when it came out. Still is. People who don't like it didn't buy it when it first came out and played the second one first. Plus the main character is important to the story and is mentioned in every other game. My personal favorite of the series.

Assassins Creed 2- awesome as well. Does everything a sequel should do and then some.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood- good. Interesting little tidbits added. Nice setting.

Assassins Creed Revelations- good as well. This is where the games get stale. Not much added to make it feel new. Characters are good and story is good. Especially certain parts. Wraps up the story of the main characters from AC1 and 2.

Assassins Creed 3- very rushed, but for a plot reason. Still fun nonetheless. A little different. It'll keep you interested.

RKO_ON_RAW

He's trying to get into the series. Telling him things like "just play AC2" or "skip revelations" won't let him experience what the series is about.

I think you should try them all but obviously don't buy them all at once in case you don't like the games. Definitely don't play them out of order either.

I will take both of your advices and start from the beginning and just buy the first game for now
---
#10Mechwarrior 02Posted 6/27/2013 7:53:35 AM
There's definitely enough time to go through all the main games before IV, but I think you might burn yourself out on the series.

If you want the story recap, there's always this.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/26/assassins-creed-in-5-minutes
---
PSN: Arcjo
Stomping goombas, kicking turtle shells, and eating mushrooms since 1984