This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted 2 is the most overrated games of all time.

#1DashbePosted 6/26/2013 7:36:14 PM
So after the amazing experience that was The Last of Us (one of my favourite games this generation, and it'd be my GotY if it weren't for Bioshock Infinite), I felt I owed it to Naughty Dog to finally play Uncharted 2.

My God, what overrated dross, average at best. Perhaps I've been spoiled by non-linear games with genuinely good, serious stories, or perhaps I'm just not easily impressed by cliched stories and set-pieces, but HOW did this game score so highly? It numbs my brain.

I read that Naughty Dog is currently working on Uncharted 4 which would disappoint me immensely, as they should stick to The Last of Us universe.
#2S1lver_Bull3tPosted 6/26/2013 7:39:39 PM
"uncharted 2" - "is" - "the" - "games"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."
#3biomanPosted 6/26/2013 7:42:41 PM
You didn't find the Last of Us to be linear?
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3) Splintercell Conviction (360)
#4LamacePosted 6/26/2013 7:43:20 PM
Of course it's overrated. Every game is overrated. When will people realize this?
#5Dashbe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 8:15:48 PM
TLoU is relatively linear but it gives you some freedom of how you tackle a section (various paths, stealth/action, etc). Of course most games are linear to an extent, but Uncharted 2 practically played itself, with minimal contribution from me.

And to think, this is one of the best games on PS3.
#6Ghost_BeastPosted 6/26/2013 8:19:17 PM
Most overrated games of all time:

The Last of Us
Halo series
CoD series
MGS series
GoW series
Uncharted series
Bioshock series

Might have missed a few things, but I think I remembered to list most of the most overrated games/series ever.
#7boring_namePosted 6/26/2013 8:21:10 PM
Dashbe posted...
TLoU is relatively linear but it gives you some freedom of how you tackle a section (various paths, stealth/action, etc). Of course most games are linear to an extent, but Uncharted 2 practically played itself, with minimal contribution from me.

And to think, this is one of the best games on PS3.

Games that are narrative driven experiences are pretty much always going to be linear.
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#8gamestop27Posted 6/26/2013 8:24:15 PM
Dashbe posted...
So after the amazing experience that was The Last of Us (one of my favourite games this generation, and it'd be my GotY if it weren't for Bioshock Infinite), I felt I owed it to Naughty Dog to finally play Uncharted 2.

My God, what overrated dross, average at best. Perhaps I've been spoiled by non-linear games with genuinely good, serious stories, or perhaps I'm just not easily impressed by cliched stories and set-pieces, but HOW did this game score so highly? It numbs my brain.

I read that Naughty Dog is currently working on Uncharted 4 which would disappoint me immensely, as they should stick to The Last of Us universe.

It appealed to this hard on to be seen as mature by those who don't play games.
---
A shotgun up your buttcrack. No, I won't fire it, I'm just stuffing it up there.~ Microsoft
#9arclouks_xPosted 6/26/2013 8:25:05 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...

The Last of Us
Halo series
CoD series
MGS series
GoW series
Uncharted series
Bioshock series

Might have missed a few things, but I think I remembered to list most of the most overrated games/series ever.

As much as I love ff some can be overrated and some underrated, but basically let's just list whatever we dont like.
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:The last of us(mp),SR:The third,Zero escape:VLR
#10Ghost_BeastPosted 6/26/2013 8:27:58 PM
arclouks_x posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

The Last of Us
Halo series
CoD series
MGS series
GoW series
Uncharted series
Bioshock series

As much as I love ff some can be overrated and some underrated, but basically let's just list whatever we dont like.

Had nothing to do with me disliking them. Has everything to do with those things not being half as good as some people say they are. That makes them overrated, which has nothing to do with personal subjective opinions.