This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us Japan game sales

#11Kaguya_KimimaroPosted 6/26/2013 11:11:59 PM
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
Goodbye, JRPG's. The west is the best.

Annnnnd that is your opinion =P. I myself prefer JRPG's, IMO TLOU is slightly Overhyped (Not to say it's bad, No No, I'm not saying that), I played the Demo and I'm not that interested in it, But that's just me, Everyone's different.....
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TwilightGundam01.png
To All Noire (Neptunia)/Tsundere Haters/Dislikers: http://i.imgur.com/otleVRu.png Noire-sama/Tsundere FTW!.
#12boring_namePosted 6/26/2013 11:13:38 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
*crosses fingers for game to not sell so well*

*hopes for video games to make a comeback and for interactive movies to fail*

Have you played TLOU? Where did it go wrong for you and what would you have done differently?
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#13crazyman32(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:18:24 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

*hopes someone punches you in face*

*knows it will probably happen anyway without hoping for it*

---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#14Ghost_BeastPosted 6/26/2013 11:19:33 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

Does this mean that Faux News was right about violent video games influencing the weak minded to become violent?

boring_name posted...
Have you played TLOU? Where did it go wrong for you and what would you have done differently?

- a game fails when presentation is the main focus over gameplay. any time story / graphics / presentation is touted as the main selling point, over gameplay, that's like the red flashing warning light to stay away.

- not be linear

- not have QTEs

- not be a western game

- not be a shooter. the stealth parts, Chaos Theory already did much better, like almost 10 years ago

it's a post apocalyptic movie with wannabe zombie type things. isn't that too played out by now? WE OFF DAT! Let's just bring back the fun games to play and get rid of all the overabundance of serious tones and gritty violent wannabe mature gore cuss fests. Let's just bring back some vampires and mummies and ghosts and just have fun. Any video game that focuses on presentation more than actual fun gameplay, just needs to go.
#15crazyman32(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:22:52 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...

Nice impression of Greer.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#16boring_namePosted 6/26/2013 11:24:35 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

Does this mean that Faux News was right about violent video games influencing the weak minded to become violent?

boring_name posted...

- a game fails when presentation is the main focus over gameplay. any time story / graphics / presentation is touted as the main selling point, over gameplay, that's like the red flashing warning light to stay away.

- not be linear

- not have QTEs

- not be a western game

- not be a shooter. the stealth parts, Chaos Theory already did much better, like almost 10 years ago

it's a post apocalyptic movie with wannabe zombie type things. isn't that too played out by now? WE OFF DAT! Let's just bring back the fun games to play and get rid of all the overabundance of serious tones and gritty violent wannabe mature gore cuss fests. Let's just bring back some vampires and mummies and ghosts and just have fun. Any video game that focuses on presentation more than actual fun gameplay, just needs to go.

I feel like these types of games can coexist with each other. I would say that you're under rating TLOU game play as well, as far as stealth game go its very well done and keeps the QTEs to a minimum, there are button prompts but its not Resident Evil or God of War. I'll agree that its not revolutionary though but it is very finely polished in a way that few games even try to be, you can tell there was a lot of sincere passion put into the game.
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#17spectermaster14Posted 6/26/2013 11:26:08 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

boring_name posted...

I have not played this game.

No, seriously, have you? Every time someone cries about QTEs in it, I have to imagine they're just echoing the cries of other internet whiners.
#18DeliFlatChestPosted 6/26/2013 11:27:16 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

boring_name posted...

- not be linear

- not have QTEs

- not be a western game

Not western?
While most of the popular western games are indeed movie like, There are good games(And you can't deny they are games) like XCOM
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
#19ShineboxerPosted 6/26/2013 11:58:54 PM
lol Japan

gaming
relevant

Pick one.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#20DragoonGriffithPosted 6/27/2013 12:01:01 AM
Shineboxer posted...
lol Japan

gaming
relevant

Pick one.

lol Shineboxer

Intellect
Relevant

Pick one.
---
Tales of Rebirth = SARPG