This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What did you think of the Last of Us' ending? (possible spoilers)

#1fhsfootball74Posted 6/27/2013 4:59:17 PM
See title. - Results (57 votes)
It was just right
66.67% (38 votes)
it was ok
22.81% (13 votes)
It was terrible
10.53% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:06:54 PM
bump!
---
#3ManuKesnaPosted 6/27/2013 5:09:57 PM
it was awesome
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna White 2 FC: 1593-4524-9776
GT: ManuKesna
#4Ghost_BeastPosted 6/27/2013 5:10:10 PM
Did not like any part of the "game". I thought the "game" was terrible and also terribly overrated.
#5fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:11:41 PM
Ghost_Beast posted...
Did not like any part of the "game". I thought the "game" was terrible and also terribly overrated.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
---
#6jmtstanPosted 6/27/2013 5:31:05 PM
i think its the ending of what Hollywood movie writers would've done. I think the ending has its common sense
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan79
#7mogar002Posted 6/27/2013 5:34:46 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
Ghost_Beast posted...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

New users aren't
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#8fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:34:48 PM
jmtstan posted...
i think its the ending of what Hollywood movie writers would've done. I think the ending has its common sense

I'm pretty sure Hollywood would have went for an ending where either Joel or Ellie died as many were predicting before release. I can picture it now, Ellie finally turns and Joel has to pop her or vice versa. I'm glad they went the direction they did, it seemed very fitting to the story.
---
#9Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 6/27/2013 5:35:41 PM
I didn't think it was terrible, but I didn't really think it was very good either. I was definitely disappointed, though. I basically had to force myself to finish the game and the ending felt kind of like a cop-out. I loved the first half of the game, but it really started to wear on me after the 12th hour and the last 9 hours just dragged on and on and I was pretty much just going through the motions. There's a reason the second half took me 3 hours less and that was because I stopped scavenging unless completely necessary and just powered through. To finally get through it after all of that just to have an ending like that was pretty disheartening.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#10fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:42:35 PM
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
I didn't think it was terrible, but I didn't really think it was very good either. I was definitely disappointed, though. I basically had to force myself to finish the game and the ending felt kind of like a cop-out. I loved the first half of the game, but it really started to wear on me after the 12th hour and the last 9 hours just dragged on and on and I was pretty much just going through the motions. There's a reason the second half took me 3 hours less and that was because I stopped scavenging unless completely necessary and just powered through. To finally get through it after all of that just to have an ending like that was pretty disheartening.

This is just my opinion, but I feel that this ending wasn't a cop out at all. It didn't have some crazy adrenaline rush ending where one of the characters dies or something of the sort like we typically see in other games/movies etc.

This ending I feel kept in line with the story. Joel came to view Ellie as his own daughter and by the end we knew what choice he would make. Its sort of a dark turn, him killing all the fireflies and the blowing away that defenseless surgeon.

In the end Joel did terrible things to save Ellie, even if it meant no cure for humanity. The ending is more grey than anything. Joel murdered the fireflies to save Ellie and then lied to Ellie about it, but she had an idea of what happened. Idk again it wasn't the ending everyone wanted but for my money im glad they didnt pull a Hollywood and kill one of them or something.
---