This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought Pulse headphones -- the mic stops working after 5 minutes...

#1JolosGhostPosted 6/28/2013 9:38:32 AM
So, as the topic title says, I bought the official Sony Headphones with Microphone...the Pulse. It's not the Elite, I bought the basic one that retails for $99.

I plug it into the PS3, no problem. I turn them on. No problem. I checked the Accessory settings and the Headphones are set to take in all audio.

Now, this is my issue...when I'm talking into them, they work just fine for about 5 minutes. Whether I have them set to Push-to-Talk, or Always On, after 5 minutes, the microphone just stops working altogether. I have to do a complete system reboot to get it to work again.

Has anybody else had this problem? It's really irritating and for the amount I spent on them, I'm ready to take them back and buy some cheap-ass POS from Best Buy....if I'm not going to get consistent use out of them, there's no point wasting $99 ($112 after tax).

Does anybody have any advice?

I'm playing DC Universe Online, by the way...I have a League and we talk to each other every night. Well, for 5 minutes anyway.

Also, INB4LOLDCUO!
---
"It 's pretentious to say a black child growing up in America is "mimicking" white people unless they speak like Lil Wayne." ~ De Evolution
#2gtaking5Posted 6/28/2013 9:58:06 AM
DCU has s***ty mic set up from what I've been told. Try it out in a chat room.
---
On my way down, kill the lights now, gimme calcium and put me in the lost and found
I don't care, throw me anywhere, I'm cool man, possibly beyond repair
#3JolosGhost(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 10:00:58 AM
The thing is, one of my Leaguemates has a $15 POS from The Source and his doesn't cut out. He talks on it the entire time we're playing. That's what irks me. It's constantly mine...and I've tried it on my wife's PS3 and my own. Same thing each time.

That can't be a coincidence.
---
"It 's pretentious to say a black child growing up in America is "mimicking" white people unless they speak like Lil Wayne." ~ De Evolution
#4tripZ504Posted 6/28/2013 10:01:16 AM
Once I saw that this is happening in dcuo that's the problem.

Try different games bet it works fine.
#5tripZ504Posted 6/28/2013 10:05:28 AM
JolosGhost posted...
The thing is, one of my Leaguemates has a $15 POS from The Source and his doesn't cut out. He talks on it the entire time we're playing. That's what irks me. It's constantly mine...and I've tried it on my wife's PS3 and my own. Same thing each time.

That can't be a coincidence.

I have 3 different mics all different brand. They never work right with that game. One day it's fine another it don't. I just gave up. Not worth the reset to me at least.

You could try the same mic your friend has.
#6Red_JesterPosted 6/29/2013 8:45:36 PM
Eh... is it too late to return them? The sound quality on those are garbage, anyways.

Definitely don't upgrade to the Elite either. Eventually the ear cups will break off as they're cheaply made.

I've been buying headphones and headsets for gaming for over a decade and I can tell you to never, ever, EVER buy Sony headphones of any kind. They are all garbage and will break eventually if they manage to even function at the quality of the price you paid for them to begin with. NEVER buy Sony headphones. Take them back for a cheap POS. Those will actually last longer AND if/when they do break, you'll hardly have lost any money. God help you if you want to go through Sony's return system.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#7The_MPerPosted 6/29/2013 9:15:06 PM
gtaking5 posted...
DCU has s***ty mic set up from what I've been told. Try it out in a chat room.

This so much.

You have to do so many things in DCUO in order for it to work AND you also have to try and avoid doing things once it's set up or else it well mess up.
---
PSN: The_MPer --- XBL: The U is Silent --- Steam: So Zetta Slow --- Wii: Don't play this online
#8ohmyupoorchildPosted 6/29/2013 9:26:41 PM
I have these same headphones and they work in all my games and even on my PC. I would try different games as it may just be DCUO.
---
PSN: detoxifying
#9ink625Posted 6/29/2013 9:30:48 PM
Red_Jester posted...
Eh... is it too late to return them? The sound quality on those are garbage, anyways.

Definitely don't upgrade to the Elite either. Eventually the ear cups will break off as they're cheaply made.

I've been buying headphones and headsets for gaming for over a decade and I can tell you to never, ever, EVER buy Sony headphones of any kind. They are all garbage and will break eventually if they manage to even function at the quality of the price you paid for them to begin with. NEVER buy Sony headphones. Take them back for a cheap POS. Those will actually last longer AND if/when they do break, you'll hardly have lost any money. God help you if you want to go through Sony's return system.

I've owned 2 of the Pulse headsets(sold the 1st set because I really needed cash at the time) and I can honestly state that there's NOTHING wrong with the sound quality of the Pulse Headsets. Sounds like the TC just got a bad set. NO company has a 0% failure rate. However, I will say that if TC chooses to return these he should get a refund and re-buy somewhere else because Amazon and Walmart.com both have the same headset for $70 right now.
#10Red_JesterPosted 6/29/2013 10:46:43 PM
ink625 posted...
Red_Jester posted...

I've owned 2 of the Pulse headsets(sold the 1st set because I really needed cash at the time) and I can honestly state that there's NOTHING wrong with the sound quality of the Pulse Headsets. Sounds like the TC just got a bad set. NO company has a 0% failure rate. However, I will say that if TC chooses to return these he should get a refund and re-buy somewhere else because Amazon and Walmart.com both have the same headset for $70 right now.

The sound quality is mediocre at best, much like the majority of headsets with "Gaming" slapped on the box to capitalize on a surging market. There are $10 ear buds with better sound quality than the Pulse headset. The only difference being that the ear buds don't really have bass, but considering how terrible the bass is in the regular Pulse headset, I'd rather do without. Not to mention that neither headset is actually surround sound despite slapping a giant "Virtual Surround Sound" on the box for the sole purpose of having the words "Surround Sound" on there.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.