This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what new things is Dynasty Warriors 8 bringing to the series?

#1mmpepsiPosted 6/28/2013 9:40:04 AM
Just noticed it's coming out next month. What's new with it?
#2Paragon-57Posted 6/28/2013 9:41:39 AM
Wait, it's coming out next month? News to me!

I took a break from the series after 6, but I'm missing me some hack-and-slashness. How's DW7?
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#3Knightingale-94Posted 6/28/2013 9:43:23 AM
From what I've read (which isn't much), not a lot. New weapons, return of Free Mode, new characters, etc. etc.

Honestly, I don't expect to see any extreme changes to the series from them. That's not saying that the series bad though.
---
PSN: Knightingale-94
"It used to be just Knightingale, but now they make you add number."
#4mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 9:45:04 AM
Paragon-57 posted...

I took a break from the series after 6, but I'm missing me some hack-and-slashness. How's DW7?

Yep. July 16.

DW7 was a lot of fun. As usual with the series.
#5Knightingale-94Posted 6/28/2013 9:48:35 AM(edited)
Paragon-57 posted...

DW7 feels a lot more streamlined. The only thing unique about each character now is their dialogue, their look, and their musous (super attacks). Everyone can equip almost every weapon available, which really ruins the uniqueness of each character.

Edit: Again, that's not saying it's bad. It's still a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it a lot.
---
PSN: Knightingale-94
"It used to be just Knightingale, but now they make you add number."
#6Taran_McDohlPosted 6/28/2013 9:47:03 AM
My daughter and I ae going to play the hell out of it. It is bringing back free mode and 2 player story mode...both of which were gone in 7. We are both excited. Day 1 buy.
---
In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...one Good and one Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#7este914Posted 6/28/2013 10:04:04 AM
Knightingale-94 posted...
Paragon-57 posted...

DW7 feels a lot more streamlined. The only thing unique about each character now is their dialogue, their look, and their musous (super attacks). Everyone can equip almost every weapon available, which really ruins the uniqueness of each character.

Edit: Again, that's not saying it's bad. It's still a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it a lot.

So how do you think 7 will fare out compared to what we know of 8 so far?
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#8LordOfCinderPosted 6/28/2013 10:08:45 AM
Everyone will have their own moveset at last. This will be the first game in the series without any clone characters at all, and the game has what, over 80 characters now? That's 80 characters with unique movesets. Pretty much the definitive DW game up to date.

Haven't really read much about the features, but it's an improved version of DW7 for the most part. As an old time fan of the series and someone who skipped both DW6 and DW7, this is definitely the best time to come back to it, since I doubt there will be any new DW games for a while.
---
HYPE: Dark Souls II, inFamous: Second Son, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Gran Turismo 6, Dynasty Warriors 8
#9Ryder3185Posted 6/28/2013 10:09:13 AM
Dw7 has a great story mode imo, conquest mode is bs. most missions wont take you more than 5 mins to complete and are mindless ( more so than ever be4 in a Dw game) the character rooster is what is expected, the power to choose whatever weapon for any character is cool, but you cant change their musou.

i am a fan of DW, and despite what ive said i really enjoyed DW7, mostly because i was playing co op. if you are a fan and in the mood i would pick up Dw8, mainly because they bring back free mode, so you will have more replay value than Dw7. but if money is an issue than get Dw7.
---
Psn:Ryder3185
Playing: Injustice,Xcom,Resident Evil 5
#10Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 6/28/2013 10:10:41 AM
Apparently they fixed the two biggest issues I had with DW7, which were lack of free mode and the fact that a lot of the characters played exactly the same because of the weapons system. I loved DW7, but those two issues really took out a lot of the fun. It looks like they are also adding co-op to the story mode too, which is going to be awesome.
---
I have to return some videotapes.