This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us hate

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 6/28/2013 11:40:16 AM
Alright, I can't hold it any longer...

Ever since before release people has been bashing TLOU from the Infinite Ammo section in the demo to the Uncharted = Mediocre and Overrated and they can only make movies accusations before release and now. People justify it with saying that it's overhyped but what about the people who genuinely likes the game? Of all places, a PS3 forum hates their own game.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2boring_namePosted 6/28/2013 11:41:38 AM
Let's not pretend like the hate even comes close to the praise the game has and is still getting.
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#3Eric_MW2Posted 6/28/2013 11:42:51 AM
..Well it is overhyped. The game is good, but it's nowhere near as great as critics were making it out to be. It's a triple a title that tells a decent story. The rest is simply average. There are tons of other games that do stealth, action, etc better.
#4Paragon-57Posted 6/28/2013 11:42:55 AM
Let's not pretend like the hate even comes close to the praise the game has and is still getting.

^ This.
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#5brolynickPosted 6/28/2013 11:43:50 AM
I'd say the haters are divided into 2 categories: the people who genuinely don't like it and have good arguments as to why they don't, and the people who seek attention by hating on anything popular. Unfortunately on this forum about 90% of the haters fall into the latter group.

There's some people hating on it who don't even know what the game's about. ''It's an interactive movie!'', ''It's a shooter!'' ''It's Uncharted with zombies!''

Best to ignore those people.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#6The_PlagueLordPosted 6/28/2013 11:44:55 AM
My advice, don't let people online phase you. I have stayed clear of anything related to TLOU on boards, topics, websites etc.... My verdict after 2 weeks, best game of this gen by a mile. But then again, I love cinematic games, Uncharted 1-2 were imo some of the best games ever made period!

Just play the game and do not care about other people. Especially online baters and haters. Everyone I spoke to at my local video store praises the game, and xbox users are debating on buying ps3 just to play that one game. It is a masterpiece and deserves praise.

Not for everyone, sure, but what is?
#7PhophenomenonPosted 6/28/2013 11:47:41 AM
TLOU is great definitely way better than Uncharted.
---
Now Playing: The Last Of Us
[ MS54 ] International Departures
#8VegantoKeensPosted 6/28/2013 11:49:24 AM
This is the "Gamefaqs illusion." A group of 10-20 people love to hate on something popular and make 5 topics an hour about it, and it looks like the whole online world is up in arms about a game.
---
GMT + 1
PSN = William-Lake
#9Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:51:27 AM
brolynick posted...
I'd say the haters are divided into 2 categories: the people who genuinely don't like it and have good arguments as to why they don't, and the people who seek attention by hating on anything popular. Unfortunately on this forum about 90% of the haters fall into the latter group.

There's some people hating on it who don't even know what the game's about. ''It's an interactive movie!'', ''It's a shooter!'' ''It's Uncharted with zombies!''

Best to ignore those people.

It's hard to though. I just want to enjoy a game but it gets like you guys won't let me.

boring_name posted...

Well I think it DOES matter! Almost every TLOU topic here there's constant bashing! Makes me WANT to believe it's bad - mediocre. You have an amazing exclusive and you HATE it.

I don't deny GTA V will or will not be a good game but I only say it'll matter because it'll override Bioshock Infinite and TLOU and Watch Dogs and the like for GOTY. Making none of the games matter as much as Mass Effect choices. It's like, should Naughty Dog make another game if everyone thinks they can't develop good games.

http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/1919000/1918110/61001.jpg
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#10dacekidPosted 6/28/2013 11:51:53 AM
boring_name posted...

^ This

VegantoKeens posted...
This is the "Gamefaqs illusion." A group of 10-20 people love to hate on something popular and make 5 topics an hour about it, and it looks like the whole online world is up in arms about a game.

and ^ this too.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25