This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we get NieR/Drakengard fans to support getting Drakengard 3 localized?

#1EnetirnelPosted 6/30/2013 12:57:04 AM
I know that there's a few NieR fans on this board and I have to say - we're all part of the same fanbase, right?

The box set for Drakengard 3 even includes a story that connects NieR and the other stories (Drakengard, Drakengard 2 and Drag-on Dragoon 3 which we hope to have internationally localized as Drakengard 3) together more. Along with more remixes from NieR - the one thing I see in every NieR thread is regarding the soundtrack of it... If Drakengard 3 is localized then that means we will get some more fantastic music because the Creative Director Yoko Taro is doing it along with the same composer from NieR (Keiichi Okabe / MONACA Inc.) so I'm sure we'd be happy with this!

Yoko Taro has said that we'd have to tell Square-Enix ourselves if we'd want this cause its not completely up to him so its worth a try to show them our interest and customer demand for the title to be localized with a petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/international-localization-of-drag-on-dragoon-3-as-drakengard-3

Along with other ways to let Square-Enix know - Twitter, staff e-mails have been made available in our main petition thread on the Drakengard 3 board:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/707565-drakengard-3/66597628
---
He burned... He melted... He died. So blunt huh, Hewie?
Caim: Your answer! A pact...or death?
#2namethatno1usesPosted 6/30/2013 1:04:13 AM
A localization will never happen. People take a look at some screenshots, and are turned away. The only time Drakengard 3 pops up in these boards is when people want to ridicule its graphics.

And then make topics where they say "graphics don't matter!".

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder SE doesn't care about on us.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#3Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 1:26:13 AM
namethatno1uses posted...
A localization will never happen. People take a look at some screenshots, and are turned away. The only time Drakengard 3 pops up in these boards is when people want to ridicule its graphics.

And then make topics where they say "graphics don't matter!".

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder SE doesn't care about on us.

Given the rest of the Project Dragonsphere titles were localized, it would be strange if the title that tied the rest of them together wouldn't be localized.

The creative director would like for it to be released outside of Japan but as localization is out of his hands are why we're asking for fans to show their interest.

One of the major drawing factors for NieR was the soundtrack, Drag-on Dragoon 3 will have MONACA Inc. involved again in contrast and in regard to the complaints against the graphics... But if graphics not being super-shiny were an issue, then why are retro inspired games picking up in popularity from both larger and smaller developers?

In all honesty, the graphics don't look bad to me as they actually look like the concept art that has been done by the one artist throughout the series and I don't see how that's a problem given that the screenshots that we've been shown so far are of a game that is still a major work-in-progress - if anything, I think it's a plus that they showed us the earlier screenshots of it showing us the faults of it instead of trying to hide them as soon as they've announced the game.

Overall in my view, if they've been fun, interesting games then I don't really see an issue in just being able to show an interest in the game if there is a slight chance that we could have the series be completed and all tied up finally.
---
#4mogar002Posted 6/30/2013 1:26:54 AM
no
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5ZurrurPosted 6/30/2013 1:29:43 AM
Lol no need to bother, ofc they localize this
#6JahkeemyorkPosted 6/30/2013 1:45:35 AM
I'd rather petition that they absolutely destroy this game's data and then give it to another studio to handle the game's gameplay and look (most importantly gameplay) instead of crappy Access Games. The fact they are working on this is going to turn many people away.
#7Enetirnel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 2:17:02 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
I'd rather petition that they absolutely destroy this game's data and then give it to another studio to handle the game's gameplay and look (most importantly gameplay) instead of crappy Access Games. The fact they are working on this is going to turn many people away.

A decent amount of the original team from Cavia are involved, so I think it may balance out a bit. But then again, I found Deadly Premonition amusing and Lord of Arcana wasn't that bad to me out of what games from their studio so I haven't really had any complaints so far. If the gameplay mechanics are at least similar to NieR or Drakengard 2 (the controls were improved over Drakengard which feels a little clunky revisiting it but between the three already released Project Dragonsphere games, NieR would be my favorite in terms of controls, gameplay and mechanics in general).
---
#8JahkeemyorkPosted 6/30/2013 2:57:55 AM
Enetirnel posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...

A decent amount of the original team from Cavia are involved, so I think it may balance out a bit. But then again, I found Deadly Premonition amusing and Lord of Arcana wasn't that bad to me out of what games from their studio so I haven't really had any complaints so far. If the gameplay mechanics are at least similar to NieR or Drakengard 2 (the controls were improved over Drakengard which feels a little clunky revisiting it but between the three already released Project Dragonsphere games, NieR would be my favorite in terms of controls, gameplay and mechanics in general).

The only "decent amount" from the original team is the story writer, and the artist. There's no one from Cavia working on the actual gameplay mechanics. Also Deadly Premonition is highly criticized for the gameplay (and vastly loved for the story, but that's not Access' work). I'll get Drakengard 3 for it's story, and Lord of Arcana I never played myself but I heard a lot of mixed things about it. I just have a bias against Access Games because of their track record (and rightly so for that as they haven't improved much at all). Square-Enix enjoys showcasing trailers for games as well like really enjoy showcasing them, and yet we're 3-4 months away from Drakengard 3's Japan release and we haven't gotten a single trailer.
#9656stoogePosted 6/30/2013 4:59:42 AM
They better translate this.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#10DragoonGriffithPosted 6/30/2013 5:01:54 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...

The only "decent amount" from the original team is the story writer, and the artist. There's no one from Cavia working on the actual gameplay mechanics.

You say that like gameplay ever mattered in Drakengard/Nier.
Wtf is wrong with you?
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.