This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The DMD difficulty in DMC3 and 4 are artificial difficulty.

#1mgs4fan540Posted 6/30/2013 11:47:59 AM
You know it's true.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2Godly_GoofPosted 6/30/2013 11:58:48 AM
Their is no artificial difficulty, only Zuul.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#3AlltraPosted 6/30/2013 11:59:42 AM
It's true for DmC 1 and 2 as well. Which is pretty much why they give you the ability to farm items. It's a means to offset the cheapness of the inflated difficulty.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#4mogar002Posted 6/30/2013 12:00:07 PM
In a game what's considered not artificial difficulty.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#5RaengPosted 6/30/2013 12:02:36 PM
And how so? I don't see it. I'm decent at DMC games at best and when I died I knew it was because I made a mistake, not because I was put into a 'you die' situation.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6wstfldPosted 6/30/2013 12:21:48 PM
Not really.
---
Last Played: The Last of Us (9.5/10)
Now Playing: StarCraft 2, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us, Hotline Miami (Vita)
#7AlltraPosted 6/30/2013 12:25:20 PM
The problem is that they don't give you much room for error, and you have to be able to execute moves that take precision, but the controls don't really allow for the level of precision needed.

So, you either have to fall back on items, or you have to find exploits. The only other option is to spend inordinate amounts of time fighting the controls and practicing, which isn't any fun.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#8Gen2000Posted 6/30/2013 1:20:08 PM
You can beat DMC1/3/4 DMD with a fresh file save, no items and still get the highest end mission ranks. Precision controls is one of the reasons DMC games are so favored vs. most other action games. There is no "BS/artificial difficulty", enemies aren't randomly getting invincible frames outside of specific patterns or doing random damage. Dante never all of a sudden gets increased recovery frames and stunlocked because of it.

DMC 3/4 DMD's teaches you to balance your damage around enemies so you don't Devil Trigger them all at once and how to optimize your combos/damage output in doing so for quick mob clearing. The boss battles just reinforce your knowledge of their patterns which are all legit.

BS difficulty more along the lines of NGRazor's Edge Ultimate Ninja stuff.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#9chaosflame108Posted 6/30/2013 1:43:11 PM
lol not really. You would have a point if only the damage were increased. However, with the case of Dmc4, mostly all enemies receive additional moves, and attack patterns.
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#10kewldude475Posted 6/30/2013 1:59:05 PM
mogar002 posted...
In a game what's considered not artificial difficulty.

Smarter AI.