This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best Sonic game?

#11TearsfoUniversePosted 6/30/2013 9:47:48 PM
everyone is wrong Sonic R is the best
---
Completed Nuzlocke, Fire Red. Pokemon: Charizard, Shiny Tangela, Venomoth, Zapdos. RIP Gyarados, Hitmonchan
#12RygonPosted 6/30/2013 9:54:59 PM
My favorite is Sonic Adventure 2.

Sonic Generations, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic Adventure are all great too.

Most Game Gear games, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Heroes are not so hot.

The others are worth playing if you've gone through all the best.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#13SkiethXInnis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 10:01:02 PM
Okay,I seen gameplay,read your thoughts and I'll try it out!

Even though I knew about the Sonic franchise,the only game I played was Unleashed and I want Sonic Generations lol
---
PSN ID:soloasherx81
"Thousand die while a million are born." -Yu Narakami (Persona 4 Arena)
#14BlueSkies7776Posted 6/30/2013 11:43:20 PM
The best Sonic game? That's a tough question because there are so many Sonic games out there. Lets break it down for each generation...

In the early 90's it is debatable. A lot of people love Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and to this day claim it as the best 2D Sonic game ever. But a lot of people also love Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. I would say that Sonic CD is over rated, the level design in CD is not the greatest. Sonic 2 is fantastic but I would give the nod to Sonic 3 & Knuckles for it's epic00ness and number of options and ways to play the game.

Then we have the Saturn which didn't have much for Sonic except Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast. Neither are close to being the best Sonic game.

For the Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox the only notables are Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. Of these three games I would say Sonic Adventure 2 is the best but this is really preference and personal opinion. I would say Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are equally loved. The reason I prefer Sonic Adventure 2 is because it stays focused on fast paced gameplay. There is no hub world and no real odd characters to play as that really slow the game down.

For the PS3, Wii and 360 the notables would be Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. I think Sonic Generations edges out the other two. Sonic Unleashed is a pretty good Sonic game though and I would even say that it is the closest thing to "Sonic Adventure 3" that we have gotten from Sega. And much like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Unleashed is not without flaws. But there is a lot of fun to be had with it, the good out weigh the bad.

So in my opinion, the best Sonic games are Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Generations. Of these three Sonic games, I would say Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best, it is just the most epic and flawless Sonic game in existence. But if you want 3D then the best Sonic game is Sonic Generations. Sonic Generations combines the 3D gameplay and the classic 2D gameplay rather nicely.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#15izza20Posted 7/1/2013 1:53:17 AM
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Although due to its inexcusable exclusion from Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, there isn't a version of it on ps3. And the xbox 360 version is a bit gimped because it doesn't save properly. The best way to play it is either on a Wii/Wii U or track down the ps2/GC/xbox Sonic Mega Collection.

In terms of the games since the genesis era. Sonic Generations is very seriously the best. Sonic Adventure 2 may have seemed good back in the day, but like the first adventure, has dated terribly. Unless you played it back in the day, it won't seem any sort of fun.
#16jason19192Posted 7/1/2013 1:55:38 AM
Sonic Adventure 2, man the memories I have with that game.
#17ohmyupoorchildPosted 7/1/2013 2:09:48 AM
Any answer that doesn't include a game from the Genesis is the wrong answer.
---
PSN: detoxifying
#18DoukouPosted 7/1/2013 2:13:43 AM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
The best Sonic game? That's a tough question because there are so many Sonic games out there. Lets break it down for each generation...

In the early 90's it is debatable. A lot of people love Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and to this day claim it as the best 2D Sonic game ever. But a lot of people also love Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. I would say that Sonic CD is over rated, the level design in CD is not the greatest. Sonic 2 is fantastic but I would give the nod to Sonic 3 & Knuckles for it's epic00ness and number of options and ways to play the game.

Then we have the Saturn which didn't have much for Sonic except Sonic R and Sonic 3D Blast. Neither are close to being the best Sonic game.

For the Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox the only notables are Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. Of these three games I would say Sonic Adventure 2 is the best but this is really preference and personal opinion. I would say Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are equally loved. The reason I prefer Sonic Adventure 2 is because it stays focused on fast paced gameplay. There is no hub world and no real odd characters to play as that really slow the game down.

For the PS3, Wii and 360 the notables would be Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. I think Sonic Generations edges out the other two. Sonic Unleashed is a pretty good Sonic game though and I would even say that it is the closest thing to "Sonic Adventure 3" that we have gotten from Sega. And much like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Unleashed is not without flaws. But there is a lot of fun to be had with it, the good out weigh the bad.

So in my opinion, the best Sonic games are Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Generations. Of these three Sonic games, I would say Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best, it is just the most epic and flawless Sonic game in existence. But if you want 3D then the best Sonic game is Sonic Generations. Sonic Generations combines the 3D gameplay and the classic 2D gameplay rather nicely.

This post is a beauty

Though I'd edge out to Sonic Generations for looking so goddamn beautiful
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#19stawg007Posted 7/1/2013 2:52:14 AM
Sonic 1 or 2
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#20AnonUnknownPosted 7/1/2013 2:58:28 AM
16-bit era: All of them.
128-bit era: Adventure, Generations.
---
Random quote from random game/movie/book/whatever no one really cares of.
Official nobody in no boards. PSN ID: Lance_87 (looking for Soul Calibur IV honors)