This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Drakengard 3 (Drag-On Dragoon 3) First Trailer Released

#21namethatno1usesPosted 7/1/2013 9:37:08 AM(edited)
Still waiting for a localization confirmation (or about the lack of one).

My Japanese isn't good enough to understand it, but I won't shy away from getting it regardless.

EDIT: Can't have a Drakengard thread without the graphics argument, can we? Create a "do you think graphics matter?" topic and proceed to laugh at all the "no" responses.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#22heartlesshero17Posted 7/1/2013 9:40:39 AM
namethatno1uses posted...
Still waiting for a localization confirmation (or about the lack of one).

My Japanese isn't good enough to understand it, but I won't shy away from getting it regardless.

Probably won't happen. Yoko said to ask SE cause its not up to him since he has no control over it. Implying that its not coming here unless there is enough demand. There is a petition going around that even Yoko knows about to garner some attention if you want

https://www.change.org/petitions/international-localization-of-drag-on-dragoon-3-as-drakengard-3
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#23Battleship_GrayPosted 7/1/2013 9:56:03 AM
BreathofFire3 posted...
The animations, characters, and environments are unacceptable, seriously we had better looking stuff in 2006. I believe its the year 2013, there is no excuse for a game to look this poorly.

Good thing none of that bothers me in the slightest. As long as it has that completely whacked-out-insane and bleak Drakengard "charm" I'm all the way in.
---
http://e-carpenter.tumblr.com/
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#24LamacePosted 7/1/2013 9:59:25 AM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Lamace posted...
Aside from some choppy animation, this game is simply gorgeous to me. Though I look more at the art then the technical prowess. But even then, the characters are very expressive, and the environments seem large and varied, with an impressive amount of characters on screen. It certainly looks better than Neir on the visual front, and I thought that game looked good too.

For a low budget game, this has me quite impressed, and I will certainly pick it up if it comes state side.

I know you talked about art style in that post. But were you saying Nier was graphically worse here? Cause honestly not really

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1045220_4994444871070_2115157777_n.jpg

Or if you meant art style, then in some ways, I agree

From what I saw in the trailer, I like the character designs better, the textures look sharper, characters express better, eyes look much better, and the hair and cloth flow better. We'll see how the game handles the large scale enemies that it's sure to have. The only thing I'm unsure which is better right now is the creature design, as I thought that was Nier's strongest artistic aspect.
#25heartlesshero17Posted 7/1/2013 10:11:59 AM
Lamace posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
Lamace posted...
Aside from some choppy animation, this game is simply gorgeous to me. Though I look more at the art then the technical prowess. But even then, the characters are very expressive, and the environments seem large and varied, with an impressive amount of characters on screen. It certainly looks better than Neir on the visual front, and I thought that game looked good too.

For a low budget game, this has me quite impressed, and I will certainly pick it up if it comes state side.

I know you talked about art style in that post. But were you saying Nier was graphically worse here? Cause honestly not really

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1045220_4994444871070_2115157777_n.jpg

Or if you meant art style, then in some ways, I agree

From what I saw in the trailer, I like the character designs better, the textures look sharper, characters express better, eyes look much better, and the hair and cloth flow better. We'll see how the game handles the large scale enemies that it's sure to have. The only thing I'm unsure which is better right now is the creature design, as I thought that was Nier's strongest artistic aspect.

Ah. Some of the designs from early pictures and screens looked good, but yeah Nier so far was better. Hope that changes when we see bosses. Graphics don't look all that better then Nier to me. But considering the style of game this is, I didn't expect it to be. The cgi is great however. Really great

And even the combat looked better then Nier. Not claiming it was perfect again. But it looked a lot more fluid and even fun compared to the rest of the series. Perhaps this is due to the developer change
---
^ it will happen!!!!
#26PhophenomenonPosted 7/1/2013 10:27:06 AM
BreathofFire3 posted...
ignorant standards how? The rest of the gaming industry continues to push the PS3 and 360 as far as it can go but Japan seems to be content with barley trying to push their games graphically or gameplay wise. The animations, characters, and environments are unacceptable, seriously we had better looking stuff in 2006. I believe its the year 2013, there is no excuse for a game to look this poorly.

So games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6, and Ni no Kuni, this games aren't that good?
---
[MS54] - Myon & Shane 54 bringing you International Departures
The Official Guy Under A State of Trance of Every Gamefaqs Board
#27heartlesshero17Posted 7/1/2013 10:33:03 AM(edited)
Phophenomenon posted...
BreathofFire3 posted...
ignorant standards how? The rest of the gaming industry continues to push the PS3 and 360 as far as it can go but Japan seems to be content with barley trying to push their games graphically or gameplay wise. The animations, characters, and environments are unacceptable, seriously we had better looking stuff in 2006. I believe its the year 2013, there is no excuse for a game to look this poorly.

So games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 6, and Ni no Kuni, this games aren't that good?

Honestly, I still haven't beaten Ni No Kuni. Stopped after the dragon part. Not really a bad game. But very average. Its main appeal seems to be it calls back to a lot of older rpgs. Which is a good thing...Except it wasn't doing anything new, exciting or all that fun except for being a classic rpg in looks. Gameplay was really starting to wear me down. At least the music is damn good

If you know what part I am talking about, does it get better? I'd still like to beat it eventually since I had it day one
---
^ it will happen!!!!
#28Dicer7Posted 7/1/2013 10:48:21 AM
Can't have a Drakengard thread without the graphics argument, can we? Create a "do you think graphics matter?" topic and proceed to laugh at all the "no" responses.

Seriously, most posters here are so full of crap. Don't care about graphics my ass.

After Nier and Deadly Premonition I couldn't care less about how many polygons a game has long as the story or gameplay delivers. With DoD3 it's more about artstyle anyways.
#29heartlesshero17Posted 7/1/2013 10:53:51 AM
Dicer7 posted...
Can't have a Drakengard thread without the graphics argument, can we? Create a "do you think graphics matter?" topic and proceed to laugh at all the "no" responses.

Seriously, most posters here are so full of crap. Don't care about graphics my ass.

After Nier and Deadly Premonition I couldn't care less about how many polygons a game has long as the story or gameplay delivers. With DoD3 it's more about artstyle anyways.

Ya know, I seen very little pictures of Deadly premonition but didn't notice the graphics being so bad.

Does it like, look really bad in motion. I never played or seen footage of it. Just some pictures long ago. Looking at more pictures now, its not great but its not extremely bad. Yet I see this game graphics get called out by many.

Or maybe I'm not looking at the right pictures
---
^ it will happen!!!!