This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Roughest Platinum Trophy you've ever gotten?

#1ThamauturgePosted 7/1/2013 4:22:38 PM
I finally did it! I got the platinum trophy for Silent Hill 2 HD! That was a huge challenge to tackle, with all the different requirements that it had. The less than 500 points of damage was very difficult, and combined with how inconsistently I tended to beat that boat stage in the required time, it made it a pain. But, I finally got it with 490 points of damage. That's extremely lucky lol. If I had been hit by ANYTHING in the game one more time, I would have failed it.

http://psnprofiles.com/Thamauturge
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
#2VarronPosted 7/1/2013 4:24:33 PM
None because I don't spend mindless hours trying to grow my e-peen.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#3flame030191Posted 7/1/2013 4:24:54 PM
Probably Medal of Honor: 2010. Fire Controller was a pain, especially since I refused to camp in the back using a sniper rifle. Got it running a shotgun on Sector Control.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Member of uTR. Pre-ordered PS4 with CoD: Ghosts
#4InkontrolPosted 7/1/2013 4:27:10 PM
I guess MvC3. There is a few trophies that are ultra annoying (online and mission mode).
---
Now playing: Sleeping Dogs, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Joe Danger 2, Guardian Heroes
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=inkontrol
#5Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:27:12 PM
Varron posted...

Ever consider that people just enjoy challenges? I did a similar thing when I had a PS1/PS2. For example, I beat Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix at level 1, with no gain besides just the fun of the challenge, and trophies didn't even exist at the time.
---
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
#6servb0tsPosted 7/1/2013 4:27:16 PM
Varron posted...

if none why even comment.

TC mine would be Bleach SR & FFXIII both long repetitive platinums
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#7MrMolinaroPosted 7/1/2013 4:28:12 PM
3D Dot Game Heroes will be the roughest once I finish it. I've cleared the Dash Circuit so the only real problem left is Blockout.

WKC wasn't really that hard because I enjoyed all the hours I dumped into it.
#8ninjakrakenPosted 7/1/2013 4:33:35 PM
MrMolinaro posted...
3D Dot Game Heroes will be the roughest once I finish it. I've cleared the Dash Circuit so the only real problem left is Blockout.

WKC wasn't really that hard because I enjoyed all the hours I dumped into it.

Blockout is substantially easier compared to Dash Circuit, I don't think I spent more than an hour on Blockout, and it is even easier if you use a certain sword.

As hard as dash circuit was, I'd say my roughest platinum so far is Shadow of the Colossus, spent a lot of time practicing for a few hard time trials. Although if I ever manage to beat Catherine, SotC will be bumped from top spot.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#9Thamauturge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:35:24 PM
I was thinking about going for the SOTC platinum. How many playthroughs do you have to do to get the maximum health and stamina? I heard it was some crazy number like 8 and decided not to go for it haha
---
#10dacekidPosted 7/1/2013 4:40:05 PM
Varron posted...

Thanks for coming (no pun intended) into this topic you don't care about to share this with us.
With that said, my e-peen is Mufasa, because Mufasa is king, and king is a ruler and a ruler is twelve inches.

To answer TC:

Unreal Tournament 3
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25