This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us has some of the best gameplay in gaming history

#1Dark World RulerPosted 7/1/2013 10:13:17 PM
Seriously, I admit that in the first hour of The Last of Us I wasnt crazy about some of the mechanics, and it's because it didnt yet offer the full scope of the brilliant gameplay it has. But as I played through it a bit more, I was amazed at how many ways you can go about taking out a group of enemies. From the stealth to the various weapons and strategies can use, and the way the AI makes every encounter feel different because of how life-like they are..... it's just all together incredible
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2SockNightPosted 7/1/2013 10:14:55 PM
That's a strong statement, I found it same old same old when I hit Fall. Definitely nothing game changing.
#3QuantamLeapPosted 7/1/2013 10:15:54 PM
You've got to be kidding me. The consensus is that the gameplay is average. Having played the game myself, I can attest to that. It was the writing, characters, and overall production values that drew me in, not the gameplay.
#4Persistant_FatePosted 7/1/2013 10:17:15 PM
I like TLOU too, but come on? Really?
---
Playing right now: Journey
#5Dicer7Posted 7/1/2013 10:21:07 PM
The gameplay is competent. The only aspects of it I think are noteworthy are the accessible crafting system and how immersive the melee combat is.
#6wolf riderPosted 7/1/2013 10:21:43 PM
Yeah, when you sneak up on someone you have the luxury of choosing to strangle, shiv, pipe, wood plank, bottle or brick them ...
---
"Crows before hoes" ~ Jon Snow
#7freesithPosted 7/1/2013 10:31:28 PM
I like how you can drag bodies and strategically place them.
---
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.
#8HolyMcmolyPosted 7/1/2013 10:39:03 PM
QuantamLeap posted...
You've got to be kidding me. The consensus is that the gameplay is average. Having played the game myself, I can attest to that. It was the writing, characters, and overall production values that drew me in, not the gameplay.

That's just the PS3 board consensus. The western hating PS3 board. The gameplay, along with everything else, is as close to perfect as any game has gotten.
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 7/1/2013 10:44:37 PM
I would say yes but, excuse me, my comrades are freely running around an enemy.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#10MathusRaynPosted 7/1/2013 10:53:23 PM
The story is amazing.

The gameplay is incredibly bland. Clear area, scavenge supplies, move ladder/wood pallet. repeat. The whole freaking game was like that.
---
How I picture most of you:
http://imgur.com/V1qpP