This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last of Us has some of the best gameplay in gaming history

#11Ryuga_HazakiPosted 7/1/2013 9:56:01 PM
QuantamLeap posted...
You've got to be kidding me. The consensus is that the gameplay is average. Having played the game myself, I can attest to that. It was the writing, characters, and overall production values that drew me in, not the gameplay.

General Consensus? No don't pull that random fact out of your ass. 75+ criticc 10/10 reviews says otherwise. If you meant, "The Trolls consensus says", ,then yes, I would believe.
#12DarkSymbiotePosted 7/1/2013 9:58:05 PM
QuantamLeap posted...
You've got to be kidding me. The consensus is that the gameplay is average. Having played the game myself, I can attest to that. It was the writing, characters, and overall production values that drew me in, not the gameplay.

General Consensus? No don't pull that random fact out of your ass. 75+ criticc 10/10 reviews says otherwise. If you meant, "The Trolls consensus says", ,then yes, I would believe.

Welcome to the games industry, where journalist integrity is at an all time low.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#13doofy102Posted 7/1/2013 10:38:45 PM(edited)
Combat - mash square with quicktime triangle events. The camera shaking and animations try to make you think the combat is good.

Stealth - Can't hide enemy bodies. Can't do anything "stealthy" other than hide behind objects and use items to distract guards with sounds, which is what Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was doing back in 1990 (plus other mechanics such as the Cardboard box usage, crawling under objects, wall-knocking etc. So there you go, a game from 1990 has more to its stealth mechanics than The Last of Us.) Oh and lol @ listen mode.

Shooting - Generic third person shooter combat where you only get like 9 bullets which doesn't really matter anyway because:
A. You don't come up against many enemies
B. You can easily dispatch the enemies with the mash-square combat.
---
LittleBigPockets: A study of the video game LittleBigPlanet and the odd things that children create on it. http://littlebigpockets.blogspot.com.au/
#14crazyman32Posted 7/1/2013 11:19:40 PM(edited)
QuantamLeap posted...

The consensus on GameFaqs isn't worth a damn because, of all the trolls and people trolling under alt. accounts hating every big release game that comes out.The biggest idiots are the one calling it a "movie" or throwing the word around generic to any game they can think of.The fact is the gaming industry laughs their ass off at Gamefaqs.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#15overmaxxPosted 7/1/2013 11:16:29 PM
This is your first video game, I gather?
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#16Merc123Posted 7/2/2013 12:51:33 AM
Alright i love the Last of Us first of all, had a blast with the game but i am not about to say the gameplay was awesome because it was not. It simply just worked well enough with everything else.

I loved the story, the graphics and the animations, they were all great and the game had a very tense atmosphere, where even a few guys or zombies felt like a tense encounter, and i loved that. The gameplay however boiled down to shooting, sneaking around, and choke takedowns.

The not being able to hide bodies or drag them after you choke them really bugs me, because they break the stealth and tells everyone you are around somewhere.
#17Ninja4HPosted 7/2/2013 4:47:41 AM
Merc123 posted...
Alright i love the Last of Us first of all, had a blast with the game but i am not about to say the gameplay was awesome because it was not. It simply just worked well enough with everything else.

I loved the story, the graphics and the animations, they were all great and the game had a very tense atmosphere, where even a few guys or zombies felt like a tense encounter, and i loved that. The gameplay however boiled down to shooting, sneaking around, and choke takedowns.

The not being able to hide bodies or drag them after you choke them really bugs me, because they break the stealth and tells everyone you are around somewhere.

This. Loved the game, but seriously, gameplay was above average. Loved the fact that auto-target was near non-existent, and that no matter where you tried to hide, the enemy could get to, but c'mon.
---
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#18hellslingerPosted 7/2/2013 6:54:42 AM
.......lmfao
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#19QuantamLeapPosted 7/2/2013 6:55:48 AM
Merc123 posted...