This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its time to move out of the 1990s.. FF7 isnt great anymore

#311joai1986Posted 7/3/2013 9:13:21 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
wake up. this is 2013. we are in the ps3 era and soon the ps4 era. learn to embrace change. learn to adapt. ff13-3 is coming out and it will be good. ff7 was good yes..it was good...for over a decade. but now its finally time to let go and stop living in the 1990s and hanging your head dejectively, and pushing away everything new.
NO!
**** NO!
its time to embrace the new age, the new dawn of an era. an era of final fantasy XIII and XIV and XV and 10 again...wait ignore that one. dont buy the hd port either, just buy ff13-3 and move on :)

...how about you just not make a post like this again....
---
White 2 FC: 4986 4470 9862
Gamertag: Joai
#312ManuKesnaPosted 7/3/2013 9:18:58 AM
So you were trolling. No I didn't know that, but I guessed it anyway. I figured no one could seriously blatantly contradict themselves that directly.

More to the point, I still don't believe you've played some of those other RPGs. Otherwise your troll topic would have at least mentioned Tales and how it was better than FF being non-turn based. Would have got you a lot more hits too.

you really think I havent played tales of games? i really those games lol but you are missing the point of my other topic so stop bringing it up because you are failing hard with it, I didnt what to have a good argument or examples in that other topic, that was the whole points, that with some negative words and no argument behind that people will go crazy and even make personal insults against me :p
Just learn to respect other people opinions like I am respecting yours :)
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#313joai1986Posted 7/3/2013 9:25:48 AM
Fou Lu posted...
Some people can't move on, they're blinded by nostalgia, it's one of the greatest problems in video gaming now, the gamers that busted theier cherry with FF7 or Zelda: OoT keep them on such high pedestals. It's really sad how they can't accept the flaws and pick a new favorite game.

I started with Donkey Kong on the Colecovision, that certain ain't my favorite game, and frankly, I dislike any video games from the older generations since the newer ones (PS3/Xbox360) have way better games.

and who's to say you have to move on...games nowadays are crap...I beat em and never play them again...as for FF7 I'll play that any day...the game was epic to me in all aspects...and these topics bashing games and b****ing about flaws....get a life bro....
---
White 2 FC: 4986 4470 9862
Gamertag: Joai
#314SpideyknightPosted 7/3/2013 9:43:06 AM
FF7 is still great, you don't lose your greatness just because time passed if you are truly a great game. FF7 isn't the greatest game of all time, stupendous, god-like, or whatever the kids describe it as nowadays. It never was. It's twice as good as XIII though, easily, and leagues better than XII.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#315AgitoXIIIPosted 7/3/2013 9:53:36 AM
I didnt know FFXIII-3 wa coming out op.
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
SE, you better know what da hell your doing -.-
#316SuigintouEVPosted 7/3/2013 10:33:40 AM(edited)
It's funny, cuz my 14 year old cousin finished Portal 2 last year. The "game of the year". Loved every minute of it.

Then I made him play FFVII for the first time ever. Said it was probably the best game he'll ever play. That was December 2012. For reference he couldn't be bothered to complete such modern hits as Uncharted and Arkham City.

(*Although he said FFVII couldn't be topped, I topped it when I made him play Tales of the Abyss this year... not that means much because TotA is the best game ever)
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#317woolaysPosted 7/3/2013 11:05:39 AM
I will just leave this here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/66326447
---
All hail the mighty woolay.
The official Woolays Weapon Idea Archive 2.0 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/66326447
#318PinwheelePosted 7/3/2013 11:10:26 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
It's funny, cuz my 14 year old cousin finished Portal 2 last year. The "game of the year". Loved every minute of it.

Then I made him play FFVII for the first time ever. Said it was probably the best game he'll ever play. That was December 2012. For reference he couldn't be bothered to complete such modern hits as Uncharted and Arkham City.

(*Although he said FFVII couldn't be topped, I topped it when I made him play Tales of the Abyss this year... not that means much because TotA is the best game ever)

Not that I'm siding with OP or anything, but one instance of this doesn't really mean jack.
---
http://youtu.be/lM2Lcj2OBg8
^Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle, super quick fandub clip by yours truly.
#319LEGEND_725Posted 7/3/2013 11:12:02 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
wake up. this is 2013. we are in the ps3 era and soon the ps4 era. learn to embrace change. learn to adapt. ff13-3 is coming out and it will be good. ff7 was good yes..it was good...for over a decade. but now its finally time to let go and stop living in the 1990s and hanging your head dejectively, and pushing away everything new.
NO!
**** NO!
its time to embrace the new age, the new dawn of an era. an era of final fantasy XIII and XIV and XV and 10 again...wait ignore that one. dont buy the hd port either, just buy ff13-3 and move on :)

I'm up, the 90s rocked, FF7 8 and 9>13, 13 is a game for beginners, I cant even fathom how anyone can die in that game, you literally heal after every battle, its pathetic and a disgrace to the name.

13 was much harder than 7. Did you even play 13?
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
#320ManuKesnaPosted 7/3/2013 11:13:38 AM
DrEaM_420 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
NO!
**** NO!

I'm up, the 90s rocked, FF7 8 and 9>13, 13 is a game for beginners, I cant even fathom how anyone can die in that game, you literally heal after every battle, its pathetic and a disgrace to the name.

13 was much harder than 7. Did you even play 13?

I did, played both and found 7 harder than 13, tho 13 was harder than 13-29tho this was better than 13)
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna