This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it worth getting RDR: GotY if I already own RDR: Greatest Hits?

#1wubikroPosted 7/2/2013 3:58:06 PM
Aside from the undead content, would it be worth trading in my greatest hits copy for the goty edition? Are there major differences between the two editions, gameplay-wise (i.e. Dragon's Dogma to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen)? Or is it just the DLC + some extra multiplayer stuff (I don't plan on playing the multiplayer at all)?
#2NicodimusPosted 7/2/2013 4:02:20 PM
Well, the zombie thing is pretty fun. Depends on how much you would enjoy that IMO.
---
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L200 ranger)
#3wubikro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 5:31:13 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Well, the zombie thing is pretty fun. Depends on how much you would enjoy that IMO.

Not a huge fan of zombie spin-offs. Even though I enjoyed Infamous 2, I didn't really like the FoB DLC. Is that essentially what it is for RDR? Also, do you know if the GotY edition features any gameplay changes for single-player over the GH edition? I know it adds some stuff for multiplayer, but I don't plan on doing MP at all.
#4jtrevor99Posted 7/2/2013 8:56:39 PM
Undead Nightmare does contain zombies, but it's not a "zombie type" game like you'd think. It's literally "Red Dead Redemption...but with zombies!" You get to meet a lot of the same characters, go to a lot of the same locations, but the play style and difficulty are substantially different.

What I'm trying to say is that whether you like games like Resident Evil or other FPS-style zombie games have little bearing on whether you'd like this one.

And even if you don't like Undead Nightmare, I'd STILL say the GOTY edition is worth picking up because of Hardcore Mode. I'm playing through it right now and really enjoying it.