This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni?

#1jrb363Posted 7/2/2013 10:39:15 PM
How do you feel about the game? Is it worth picking up or should I pass? It's received an 85 on Metacritic and solid scores from most sites but I've read a lot of criticism on here. Granted the Gamefaqs community is vocal about disliking DmC and TLOU, which I enjoy both of those very much, so you never know. Just curious as to what some of your opinions were on the game.

I love the JRPG genre, so would this be a good fit? For what it's worth I loved the art style and music from the demo but wasn't blown away by the battle mechanics.
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#2mmpepsiPosted 7/2/2013 10:40:18 PM
Ni NO Kuni.

The word no is in the title for a reason. Pass on it.

If you want an RPG pick up Resonance of Fate or Star Ocean 4 instead.

Of course if you haven't played either of the FFXIII games those are good too.
#3ManuKesnaPosted 7/2/2013 10:42:14 PM
if you are a jrpg fan then get Ni No Kuni, the game is awesome and so is the artstyle
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 7/2/2013 10:45:35 PM
- Game holds your hands.
- Scenes run at 7 FPS
- Sound mixing is some of the worst this generation
- Characters and creatures look unimpressive
- Some of the voices don't even fit
- Music is decent
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#54EverMewPosted 7/2/2013 10:53:25 PM(edited)
I enjoyed playing Ni no Kuni and it brought me back for the old days of JRPGs from the snes days! Now i'm doing a second playthrough again. I have been so excited when the game came out Jan 2013!

So yea TC try out Ni no Kuni and just enjoy the characters, the story, and the music...and always remember...just have fun. d(^_^)
---
PSN TheUchihaKid - Team: xG0K3Nx
Karina Nemari - http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2144727/
#6boring_namePosted 7/2/2013 10:52:40 PM
It is a very pretty game with a charming art style. I'll warn that it starts incredibly slow though, maybe the slowest start to any video game I've ever played. I can't say whether you'd like it, but for me the story and characters weren't compelling and I just ended up too bored with the game to finish it out.
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#7ninjakrakenPosted 7/2/2013 11:03:29 PM
It has many flaws such as poor character development, lack of voice acting in many parts, soundtrack that doesn't always suit the game, poor battle AI, though despite all this I quite enjoyed it, I'd give it 7/10.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#8jrb363(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 11:08:00 PM
Hmm it sounds like I would be pretty disappointed, especially since I've been excited about it for awhile now.

If I could get it for $20 new would that change any of your minds about the game? (I understand paying $60+ makes it hard to enjoy a game with shortcomings)
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#9boring_namePosted 7/2/2013 11:08:12 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
- Game holds your hands.
- Scenes run at 7 FPS
- Sound mixing is some of the worst this generation
- Characters and creatures look unimpressive
- Some of the voices don't even fit
- Music is decent

Actually this really stands out. With the budget it seems like this game had I was genuinely surprised at how terrible a job they did in this area.
---
Playing right now - Hotline Miami
#10PhophenomenonPosted 7/2/2013 11:09:18 PM
It's a good game. Music is good. Graphics are top notch. But the gameplay has flaws and the story and characters aren't interesting. They are all robots to me. And drippy gets really annoying.
---
Now Playing: The Last Of Us
[ MS54 ] International Departures