This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Uncharted series worth it?

#1GamenamebullyPosted 7/3/2013 10:17:37 AM
I fell in love with Naughty Dogs games like their Crash games and the Jak & Daxter trilogy but I am wondering if the Uncharted series is worth it.

Do you think it is? I would like to play all the games in the Uncharted series. Are they worth it?
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#2xxtasy911Posted 7/3/2013 10:22:43 AM
yes, great games
#3screwmtvPosted 7/3/2013 11:00:28 AM
I'd say yeah.

Play them in order.

UC1 is good if not a little repetitive.

UC2 is the apex of the series in terms of quality.

UC3 is better than 1, but not as polished as 2.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 7/3/2013 11:03:47 AM
you can probably get all 3 for under $50 which id say is worth it. They have their issues, but they are enjoyable action games.
---
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake
#5NessaJ_TuNPosted 7/3/2013 11:10:58 AM
The only one worth playing in Uncharted series imo is Uncharted 2 and I realize the creative director and game director of Uncharted 2 actually working on TLoU, no wonder the writing, the gameplay and the pacing of that game is just perfect. The B team is working on Uncharted 3 and the result it just okay, not as action blockbuster masterpiece as Uncharted 2. ND best games so far are Uncharted 2 Among Thieves and TLoU. You should get those.
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 7/3/2013 11:16:20 AM
no . like lou they are mediocre

get a wii u instead
---
WiiU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS4 Every stupid post get's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
#7cloud2556Posted 7/3/2013 11:19:13 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
no . like lou they are mediocre

get a wii u instead

Dont listen to StarBladeEdge. Uncharted and TLOU are both amazing
---
"Only fools believe in deterrence."
#8crazyman32Posted 7/3/2013 11:24:30 AM
Yes.I think U3 is the best in the series.You can get the U1&2 Dual pack and U3 GOTY edition for under $50.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#9Shy420Posted 7/3/2013 11:27:42 AM
I've enjoyed them all very much but you are not me. They are nothing like Crash or Jak.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#10xxtasy911Posted 7/3/2013 11:27:53 AM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
The only one worth playing in Uncharted series imo is Uncharted 2 and I realize the creative director and game director of Uncharted 2 actually working on TLoU, no wonder the writing, the gameplay and the pacing of that game is just perfect. The B team is working on Uncharted 3 and the result it just okay, not as action blockbuster masterpiece as Uncharted 2. ND best games so far are Uncharted 2 Among Thieves and TLoU. You should get those.

Thats a little overly dramatic.

I agree UC2 is the best in the series, but I wouldnt recommend TC to skip the other 2.
They are still amazing games