This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game should I get: Ni no Kuni vs Last of Us vs Bioshock Infinite

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 7/3/2013 12:11:02 PM
Which should I get first? - Results (64 votes)
Ni no Kuni
28.13% (18 votes)
The Last of Us
56.25% (36 votes)
Bioshock Infinite
15.63% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I like RPGs, so I'm interested in Ni no Kuni. But I also like Bioshock and I've a lot of good things about The Last of Us. So which should I get first?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2DelRowePosted 7/3/2013 12:14:03 PM
I voted Last of Us before looking at your post. Since you like RPGs, I would pick up Ni No Kuni first.
---
You are not in control.
#3skelly1331Posted 7/4/2013 8:16:28 AM
I enjoyed both the Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite a lot. I also really like RPGs but I got bored about half way through Ni No Kuni. I felt the plot was really generic and kind of boring.
#4jrb363Posted 7/4/2013 8:27:37 AM
The Last of Us is a fantastic game! It's gut-wrenching at times like when the little girl dies in the beginning but overall it's hands down the best gaming experience I've had this year and one of the best on the PS3 period.

Ni No Kuni looks beautiful and has fantastic music but I got bored of it fairly quickly. It's alright, but I would get TLOU first definitely.

Bioshock: Infinite...man what a disappointment. Dumb AI, bad clipping issues, terrible draw distance, racist storyline (in my opinion) and clunky controls. I can not and will not recommend this game. I hated it.
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#5Cactuar512Posted 7/4/2013 11:15:06 AM
jrb363 posted...
The Last of Us is a fantastic game! It's gut-wrenching at times like when the little girl dies in the beginning but overall it's hands down the best gaming experience I've had this year and one of the best on the PS3 period.

Ni No Kuni looks beautiful and has fantastic music but I got bored of it fairly quickly. It's alright, but I would get TLOU first definitely.

Bioshock: Infinite...man what a disappointment. Dumb AI, bad clipping issues, terrible draw distance, racist storyline (in my opinion) and clunky controls. I can not and will not recommend this game. I hated it.

I agree with your opinions but I disagree on your reason for hating Infinite's story. If anything, the racism wasn't explored enough. The real problem with was that it tried to act deep but most of its themes were superficial. I agree on everything else, though. The game frequently tried to act like a classic shooter and a modern shooter at the same time and the difficulty spikes were absurd at times. It was either too easy or annoying. It was never challenging and fun. It was constantly at odds with itself, not sure of what the hell it wanted to be.
---
PSN: Fredfredburger51
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#6Still__RippinPosted 7/4/2013 11:16:58 AM
Well. You should save the best for last. And to keep things fresh I say you should play Bioshock first, then Ni No, then TLoU
---
He looks down at the city in disgust. He swore he'd protect it when he landed but its getting too hard to tell the saints from the satanic.
#7badboyPosted 7/4/2013 11:20:41 AM
NnK
#8Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/4/2013 11:48:22 AM
Avoid Ni No Kuni, the battle system is broken as hell. (Navigating menus during a real time battle to pull of split second defence moves)

The game also treats you like your 2, it solves every puzzle for you, tells you what spell to use every time, and has long winded text only conversations just for an "Oh! I need to use this spell for the 80th time! I never would have guessed!"

If you really need a JRPG go with Tales of Graces f. The story may fall short but its long and packed with content.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#9mmpepsiPosted 7/4/2013 11:49:32 AM
Preorder Lightning Returns instead.