This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is so great about The Last of Us?

#51TheNewWavePosted 7/3/2013 8:04:50 PM
I found the gameplay incredibly fun. There is no wrong way to do combat. I absolutely love going through each situation being forced to rely on whatever little resources I have available (granted you are playing hard or survivor).

You can start stealthy, throw a brick at someone, rush them, grab them, use them as a shield, follow it with a molotov at a crowd. Then, use a smoke bomb to lose them, and go back into stealth, but this time watch the hunters search for you in fear. Hells, you can even scare an unarmed hunter with a revolver with an empty chamber.

Also, I absolutely how most guns feel distinct, but aren't overpowered, yet they all feel powerful. And opposed to what others may think, I love the way the aiming functions, and even more that there is no auto-aim feature.

Obviously, swimming can be kind of annoying when you go underwater, but there is like 2 small sections with that, so its really not an issue. What makes this game great? I don't know because that is subjective, and you need to find that out for yourself if you end up enjoying it.
#52BodyisreggiePosted 7/3/2013 8:11:49 PM
crazyman32 posted...
Yomonachi4 posted...
agrissa posted...
It's an okay movie.

Badass alert

That is Greer's little buddy and cheerleader so,he copies him by calling it a movie as well.

I though it was Greer's new alt
#53crazyman32Posted 7/3/2013 8:14:00 PM(edited)
Bodyisreggie posted...
crazyman32 posted...
Yomonachi4 posted...
agrissa posted...
It's an okay movie.

Badass alert

That is Greer's little buddy and cheerleader so,he copies him by calling it a movie as well.

I though it was Greer's new alt

it could be Greer talking to himself.I wouldn't put it past him since he has had so many alt. accounts on here.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#54LuciferTerrorPosted 7/3/2013 8:47:24 PM
crazyman32 posted...
Yomonachi4 posted...
agrissa posted...
It's an okay movie.

Badass alert

I don't even understand how the Last of Us can get classified as a movie..Okay, I do admit that I don't like the game so much for many reasons, but its gameplay is still fun.
---
The best games for each system that I own:
ToD 1, Suikoden 3, OoT, DQ 3, P4G, Deadly Premonition, Witcher 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, DQ 5, Wayfarer of Time.
#55jameswintertonPosted 7/4/2013 3:14:44 AM
Awww poor little Greer. He 'hates' linear games but loves vanquish which spends most of its time literally on rails. He 'hates' simple games, but Vanquish is as barebones as tps's come, with just one novelty boost feature.

Also find it hilarious that he is still trying to not openly admit that it is him as he knows that he's such a worthless poster that the mods will instantly shut him down.

Must suck to be that guy.
---
psn: jrwinterton
#56Sheria_KPosted 7/4/2013 3:42:01 AM(edited)
You can watch a let's play, that would be more appropriate.

Don't be fooled that this game uses the medium well with regards to storytelling, while a lot does come across outside of cutscenes, the player involvement is strictly bare minimum and exploration is next to nill as, with Uncharted, it puts priority on the narrative pushing the game forward to get the correct, movie-style pacing. put on a DVD movie, pick up a game controller and mimic the main characters movement with the analogue sticks and you get something very similar to a large portion of this game, you start to wonder at some points why they leave you to have control over your character instead of actually doing a cutscene, at least with those you can skip them on multiple playthroughs.

I'd still always recommend actually playing a game, this game has some tense moments when you actually get to a section with a group of enemies to tackle. But you could get away with a let's play with this game better than most.
---
Currently Playing: Time and Eternity (Loving it)