This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Last Remnant's battle system complicated?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 7/3/2013 9:08:14 PM(edited)
Since it's rumored to come out this year for PS3, I want to know more about it with the explanation being as concise as possible. Is it like Final Fantasy Tactics?

- I watched some gameplay footage, and I kept hearing "Nero's voice" from Devil May Cry 4 (same voice actor).

- The battle music is cool so far (Sounds like Motoi Sakuraba, but isn't).

- Running animation seems to be fixed in the PC version. (I expect this too on the PS3.)

---
I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2mogar002Posted 7/3/2013 9:04:32 PM
Even someone like you should be fine
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgur.com/gcqrYXl.jpg
#3Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 9:09:07 PM(edited)
It's kind of sad when you think about it though....

This was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive at first. And then it ended up everywhere EXCEPT on the PS3. Lol...

*(Well, at least if the rumors will not come true.)

---
I bought the wrong console this gen.
#4OtakuGameraPosted 7/3/2013 9:07:47 PM
not really complicated, more like "wtf i wanted to do this why did i get that? wtf?"
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#5badboyPosted 7/3/2013 9:28:20 PM
Compared to the other turn-based RPGs, it is a bit more complicated. I think technical difficulties prevented them from releasing it on the PS3 earlier.
#6Breastmilkn_DipPosted 7/4/2013 12:47:54 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
Since it's rumored to come out this year for PS3, I want to know more about it with the explanation being as concise as possible.

Contact sunzi on the TLR (PC) board.
-
--
---
Oscar See Through Red Eye
#7_alcheimPosted 7/4/2013 1:49:57 AM
The pc version fixed a lot of things that were annoying in the 360 version; mainly faster load times, and texture popup.

The battle system is pretty neat since you control both squads and individual party members.

The first few battles teach you about the battle mechanics and it's not really complicated.
#8PunkaiserPosted 7/4/2013 2:14:09 AM
_alcheim posted...
The pc version fixed a lot of things that were annoying in the 360 version; mainly faster load times, and texture popup.

Not that important, but what they fix about gameplay was much more brillant, we can switch on/off arts at will, allow 18 leaders, formation features are greatly exploited, scaling BR system from chainning, more implemented equipments, more playable characters...etc...

The battle system is pretty neat since you control both squads and individual party members.

The first few battles teach you about the battle mechanics and it's not really complicated.

What they teach us in game is nowhere near enough, although i'm a fan of the game, I still gotta say so, that doesn't make even 1/10 of what we need to know, thank god there's the wikia that reveal lights to us, otherwise i might have actually hated this game.
Classes?Weapon type?Wield style?Arts developing?Weapon arts?Formation requirements?..etc..
There's no way you can figure out all of the those contents on your own.