This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Batman game was your favorite, and why?

#11TerotrousPosted 7/4/2013 9:37:36 AM
Rod1984 posted...
but thpse games were bad, The only game I really enjoyed was batman returns, heck it even had the soundtrack to the film in that game, I think that one was for the snes? cant remember.. but yea before the rocksteady games, batman games usually were all bad, kinda like how all superman games are terrible

No they weren't. There are some bad retro Batman games, but those are the good ones.

Not surprising though when you consider they were made by Sunsoft, Konami, Wayforward, etc. You put decent developers on the job and you get decent results.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#12jammitinPosted 7/4/2013 9:48:56 AM
City had a bigger scope and more refined gameplay, but Asylum had a better story, cast of villains, and tone.
---
Next game Saint's Row IV.
#13yenmaster1Posted 7/4/2013 10:03:13 AM
Terotrous posted...
Rod1984 posted...
but thpse games were bad, The only game I really enjoyed was batman returns, heck it even had the soundtrack to the film in that game, I think that one was for the snes? cant remember.. but yea before the rocksteady games, batman games usually were all bad, kinda like how all superman games are terrible

No they weren't. There are some bad retro Batman games, but those are the good ones.

Not surprising though when you consider they were made by Sunsoft, Konami, Wayforward, etc. You put decent developers on the job and you get decent results.

The NES Batman game was great in it's time. Also, for a Batman game, Batman Begins for ps2 deserves to be in the poll. BB was so unnoticed, they forgot to milk the franchise when TDK and TDKR movies came out.
#14NovaKaneXPosted 7/4/2013 10:43:15 AM
AA was cool, AC was way better.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice
#15RioichiCooperPosted 7/4/2013 10:58:37 AM
jammitin posted...
City had a bigger scope and more refined gameplay, but Asylum had a better story, cast of villains, and tone.

And that is exactly why I prefer Asylum. Everything just works together in that game, and I enjoy the metroidvania style it had.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#16mmpepsiPosted 7/4/2013 11:03:07 AM
Batman and Robin for the Sega Genesis.

So awesome throwing batarangs and stuff.
#17TomoEK9Posted 7/4/2013 11:08:29 AM
So far Asylum and City had their merits.

I definitely preferred the area of Arkham Asylum. There is so much Batman lore that takes place there, and every area felt dark, and very much in line with the Batman universe.

Arkham City, felt.....dead. i know its a city that's been left to rot but it felt very devoid of anything that would make it feel like Gotham other than a few nods here and there.

I will say that Arkham City was a lot more fun to get around though.