This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game series with the worst fanbase?

#1originalhipsterPosted 7/4/2013 6:28:50 PM
Which one is it?

I'm going to go with COD because everytime I encounter some foul-mouthed moron online in a non-COD game, sure enough, I check his trophy list and I see COD. They usually start raging right away if you beat them and of course, their spelling and grammar is atrocious. I don't even think COD is that bad of a game but something about it seems to attract the scum of the gaming community.

A very close second is the Final Fantasy fanbase. A very close-minded bunch that get extremely butthurt if you mention anything negative at all about their beloved series. Even if you merely express you like an RPG more than FF they will be down your throats and report you for trolling. Every other fanbase can at least admit their games have flaws or that other games do certain aspects better.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#2Godly_GoofPosted 7/4/2013 6:29:35 PM
FF7
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#3ufaraPosted 7/4/2013 6:31:04 PM
The Sonic fanbase is pretty bad as well.

They can't seem to agree on what makes a good Sonic game no matter how good the actual game may or may not be.
---
"SHABOOOWIE!!" - Genie -ducktales the movie
#4edomon007Posted 7/4/2013 6:31:08 PM
I'm going with FF7 fanboys
#5Hvarerann24Posted 7/4/2013 6:32:03 PM
Last of Us.
#6DeliFlatChestPosted 7/4/2013 6:32:04 PM
Every series are bad, There are no worst
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
#7originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 6:33:41 PM
Hvarerann24 posted...
Last of Us.

I was going to mention this at first but I think it's too early. Who knows if it'll even have a fanbase come 5-10 years from now.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#8servb0tsPosted 7/4/2013 6:35:10 PM
Final Fantasy.

Pokemon.

Dark/Demon Souls.

Top 10.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#9boring_namePosted 7/4/2013 6:36:38 PM
Fanbases are annoying, that's why they're fanbases, no offense to fanbases.
---
I'll get back to you.
#10servb0tsPosted 7/4/2013 6:38:41 PM
originalhipster posted...
Which one is it?

I'm going to go with COD because everytime I encounter some foul-mouthed moron online in a non-COD game, sure enough, I check his trophy list and I see COD. They usually start raging right away if you beat them and of course, their spelling and grammar is atrocious. I don't even think COD is that bad of a game but something about it seems to attract the scum of the gaming community.

A very close second is the Final Fantasy fanbase. A very close-minded bunch that get extremely butthurt if you mention anything negative at all about their beloved series. Even if you merely express you like an RPG more than FF they will be down your throats and report you for trolling. Every other fanbase can at least admit their games have flaws or that other games do certain aspects better.

I Disagree I love Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XII, but they all had flaws, not as annoying as the many flaws in FFXIII. but I still recognise them.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar