This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so bad about Tales of Xillia?

#1knightoffire55Posted 7/5/2013 12:58:50 PM
It's getting a lot of hate even though it isn't out yet.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2ManuKesnaPosted 7/5/2013 1:00:36 PM
people have played the japanese version and some of them didnt like that it didnt have enough content
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#3TerotrousPosted 7/5/2013 1:10:12 PM
Probably just standard Japanese game hate.

Though to be honest, from looking at videos, the battle engine doesn't seem to be quite as good as Graces F or Hearts R. I will reserve judgement until I actually play the game, but the battle system doesn't seem to have quite as much depth.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4CyricsServantPosted 7/5/2013 1:21:08 PM(edited)
ManuKesna posted...
people have played the japanese version and some of them didnt like that it didnt have enough content

My issue is I hear that complaint with EVERY new Tales game.

Vesperia and Graces F got the same criticism and those both took me more than 60 hours to complete.
#5DarkZeipuPosted 7/5/2013 1:30:31 PM
I almost always wait till the American versions of games come out to play them. I've been reading about Tales of Xillia and it sounds awesome. I'm going to get it regardless of how many people badmouth it.
#6Lelouch71Posted 7/5/2013 1:51:47 PM
No one hates the game...yet. Most people who import it think it's a good but a very flawed game. Xillia 2 pretty much fixed those flaws. The game is criticize for the lack of content compared to say Vesperia and Graces, lack of polish in the battle system, a few characters (namely Jude and Alvin for some), and it not delivering as an anniversary title. Plus the very little in game costume does bother me though since it forces people to buy DLC if they care about that kind of thing.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#7JahkeemyorkPosted 7/5/2013 1:56:00 PM
CyricsServant posted...
ManuKesna posted...

Vesperia and Graces F got the same criticism and those both took me more than 60 hours to complete.

Graces F got criticism for the "Friendship" thing, not the content. However Xillia did get flak for being unfinished, it has content that you'd normally at least expect in Tales games being removed, recycled enemies, recycled environments. Even Namco said themselves the game was rushed out and unfinished and they removed a lot of skits, and areas from the final game. (After the first wave of sales came in of course)
#8RygonPosted 7/5/2013 2:02:38 PM
CyricsServant posted...
ManuKesna posted...

I laugh when I hear people scoff at the American Vesperia being a beta or some such nonsense like there's not enough in it. Absolutely the rerelease probably has some cool new stuff but people act like the version we got isn't even worth playing.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 7/5/2013 2:07:14 PM
CyricsServant posted...
ManuKesna posted...

No, they didn't get these complaints because those games HAVE extra content...unlike Xillia.
#10RygonPosted 7/5/2013 2:34:40 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
CyricsServant posted...
ManuKesna posted...

No, they didn't get these complaints because those games HAVE extra content...unlike Xillia.

I've heard those complaints several times over.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108