This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's so bad about Tales of Xillia?

#11overmaxxPosted 7/5/2013 2:38:46 PM
It's shallow for a Tales game.

I would suggest waiting for 2, but then that would just make Namco misunderstand and go back to not localizing anything... sigh.
---
3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063
Animal Crossing is pretty chill.
#12HIroChuPosted 7/5/2013 2:54:21 PM
ManuKesna posted...
people have played the japanese version and some of them didnt like that it didnt have enough content

This basically. Tales of Xillia has a better everything compared to vesperia. And has a better everything compared to graces (except gameplay).

People with the japanese version often bash about how it doesn't have enough content which makes it feel like a rushed game.

Honestly, I prefer quality over quantity. Xillia has a MUCH better story compared to past tales games, great music, great graphics, a nice cast of characters including antagonists, and a good combat system, all nudged into a good 35-40 hour game.
#13PHATJERPosted 7/5/2013 3:10:20 PM
There's only one valuable complaint; and that it's a very short game for a "Tales of ..." game.
---
PSN: Ao_Iconoclast
GT: Tsukuyomi17
#14kylemcauliffe15Posted 7/5/2013 3:21:10 PM
PHATJER posted...
There's only one valuable complaint; and that it's a very short game for a "Tales of ..." game.

Symphonia took me 28 hours and Vesperia around 50, 40 if I didn't do the extra stuff I did. Either way time doesn't matter to me but there you go.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#15tsukia8Posted 7/5/2013 3:26:02 PM
Im hoping for an enhanced edition. Im starving for rpgs this gen.. NNK couldnt satisfy me ;_;
#16PHATJERPosted 7/5/2013 3:27:18 PM
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
PHATJER posted...

Symphonia took me 28 hours and Vesperia around 50, 40 if I didn't do the extra stuff I did. Either way time doesn't matter to me but there you go.

The thing is, those games have extensive amount of side content (extra bosses, quests, costumes, etc) while Xillia does not. it has about 30 minutes worth of extra content.
---
#17knightoffire55(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 3:30:31 PM
PHATJER posted...
PHATJER posted...

The thing is, those games have extensive amount of side content (extra bosses, quests, costumes, etc) while Xillia does not. it has about 30 minutes worth of extra content.

The rest is DLC.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#18PHATJERPosted 7/5/2013 3:48:41 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
PHATJER posted...
PHATJER posted...

The rest is DLC.

costume DLC, yes. But no extra bosses or side-quests and the like.
---
#19TerotrousPosted 7/5/2013 8:35:57 PM
So how short are we talking here? 35 hours? People complain Innocence R is short, and it's about that long.

Of course, if you skip all story sequences and play on an easy difficulty level you can beat some Tales games in like 5-10 hours, but it's no fun that way.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#20ScreamingMidgetPosted 7/6/2013 3:11:47 AM
Terotrous posted...
So how short are we talking here? 35 hours? People complain Innocence R is short, and it's about that long.

Of course, if you skip all story sequences and play on an easy difficulty level you can beat some Tales games in like 5-10 hours, but it's no fun that way.

My Jude playthrough took me 20-25 I believe...