This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of these games

#1boring_namePosted 7/5/2013 9:11:00 PM
So I'm thinking of buying a new game, maybe two, and I've got a coupe I'm looking into but has some hesitance about. I'd really like some input from people who have played the games themselves, beware some of these games are old-ish.

Catherine - worried about the game thinking it's smarter than it is. The twist too is pretty silly.

Darksiders - Love Zelda, a great knock off is still a great game. Worried about the visual style, does it take itself too seriously?

Limbo - Is it worth what they're charging for it?Has a great look to it though.

Rayman: Origins - I've heard the charm wears off and environments become repetitive.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Just don't know enough about it, has mediocre scores.

Bioshock 2 - Love the series, but heard 2 was the weakest link.

Devil May Cry: Collection - DMC seems slightly out of date, and I've heard 2 is terrible.

Guacamelee - Heard it's Metroidvania-esque but filled with redditty nonsense.

Portal 2

Infamous Collection

That's it. I know it's a diverse list, but I'd appreciate some input if you can help me out.
---
I'll get back to you.
#2joegt123Posted 7/5/2013 9:13:21 PM
Darksiders.

Dmc with the possible exception of 3 hasn't aged very well if you aren't already a fan, so
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3XxTrifuzzxXPosted 7/5/2013 9:24:03 PM
The first Infamous was one of my favorite games this gen. You should definitely pick that up right away. The second one was pretty meh IMO, but a lot of other people liked it
---
Dinner Tonight - Amir Blumenfeld
#4boring_name(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:25:53 PM
joegt123 posted...
Darksiders.

Dmc with the possible exception of 3 hasn't aged very well if you aren't already a fan, so

How did the art style work in Darksiders? Was it over the top enough to be fun?
---
I'll get back to you.
#5RioichiCooperPosted 7/5/2013 9:29:36 PM
Rayman Origins is one of the best 2D platformers this gen. Portal 2 is just plain awesome.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#6Neonwarrior1243Posted 7/5/2013 9:31:02 PM
I have Catherine, and Infamous 1 & 2. And I played Darksiders, and Ninja Gaiden.

I had the most fun with Catherine if you have somebody to play the couch co-op with then you can put a lot of hours into the tower. The Infamous games are good and Ninja Gaiden would be fun if it wasn't hard to see what you're doing because of the camera. Darksiders I got free with PS+ and I deleted it right away since it wasn't that good.
#7URAlsrPosted 7/5/2013 9:31:38 PM
you cant go wrong with infamous collection. and rayman was a suprise. pretty good game.
#8joegt123Posted 7/5/2013 9:38:26 PM(edited)
boring_name posted...
joegt123 posted...
Darksiders.

How did the art style work in Darksiders? Was it over the top enough to be fun?

It's hard to describe, but it works very well. The style comes across as cartoony while at the same time, the design is not. The enemies are detailed and gnarly, nothing looks comical. It's kind of like a more vibrant looking GoW.

And as far as the story goes it all comes across as very viable in terms of fantasy. It's like a modified version on christian mythology wherein heaven, hell, and earth are in a balance, none has dominion over the others, and a grand triumvirate rules over all of it to ensure balance. Then, of course, it all gets thrown completely out of whack. Very unique, imo.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#9DelRowePosted 7/5/2013 9:39:28 PM
I've only played the inFAMOUS games out of that list, but I would definitely recommend it. It was my favorite series this gen.
---
You are not in control.
#10iamtruthPosted 7/5/2013 9:39:29 PM
all those games are goods