This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of these games

#11Retroxgamer0Posted 7/5/2013 9:42:21 PM
ffxiii is better than most of those games
#12boring_name(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:44:13 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I appreciate the input, but I already own FF XIII, and at the risk of making this a topic about that game I'll say it wasn't for me.
---
I'll get back to you.
#13joegt123Posted 7/5/2013 9:49:24 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

2/10
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#14Retroxgamer0Posted 7/5/2013 9:49:36 PM
ok i will give you my opinion on the games you listed:

Catherine - boring puzzle game. its very niche not a lot of ppl like it, it usually goes under the radar

Darksiders - never heard of it youre on your own.

Limbo -bad

Rayman: Origins - poor mans nsmb..which is a poor mans donkey kong country returns, which is a poor mans mario world.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - great game, but fustrating camera and hard difficulty. its a nice rental or one time playthrough but if you get fustrated easy forget it.

Bioshock 2 - its ok but overrated. first ones better.

Devil May Cry: Collection - digital version is broken. disc versions the way to go. dmc 1 and 3 are great, 2 sucks.

Guacamelee - some indie game that is just ok.

Portal 2 - creative and fun, give it a shot

Infamous Collection - infamous is the worst ps3 exclusive ive ever purchased in my life, and 2 isnt much better. avoid it at all costs, so overrated.
#15Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 7/5/2013 10:15:37 PM
Portal 2 and Catherine are the only games on that list that I would buy if I were you. Also you should just buy a few games you know nothing about. Your username makes me think that you have read/watched too much about all the games you are interested in to the point where you turn to apathy about a game. Instead opt for Incredible Hulk, Captain America, or Majin Forsaken Kingdom, 3 games you have probably heard nothing about and they are fun.
#16boring_name(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:49:36 PM
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
Portal 2 and Catherine are the only games on that list that I would buy if I were you. Also you should just buy a few games you know nothing about. Your username makes me think that you have read/watched too much about all the games you are interested in to the point where you turn to apathy about a game. Instead opt for Incredible Hulk, Captain America, or Majin Forsaken Kingdom, 3 games you have probably heard nothing about and they are fun.

I'm actually playing a trial of Catherine right now and I really like it so far. The game looks fantastic just in a design sense, I'm still worried about where it goes but I actually enjoy the puzzle gameplay.

I'm trying to branch out and try new things as far as gaming goes, it'd be easier if games were cheaper but amazon helps a lot with that. Thanks for the tips on some stuff you liked I might check out a few.
---
I'll get back to you.
#17JonnyZPosted 7/5/2013 11:05:50 PM
Catherine - I was very pleasantly surprised by this game. Being a big fan of the Persona series, I came into it with big expectations...which were all shattered because the game - story and gameplay both - are nothing like Persona in any way. However, it is very unique with a great story in its own.

Darksiders - Haven't played this.

Limbo - I believe this used to be a flash game...I'd say wait for the price to drop lower. I think it's $15 right now, and that's still way, way too much.

Rayman: Origins - This game can be great if you have a buddy to play it with, but the single player aspect feels kind of dull.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Haven't played it, but I've heard it's excruciatingly challenging.

Bioshock 2 - Only game in the series I've not played. The only real negative I've heard about it is that there's tacked on multiplayer which is required for a platinum trophy. If it's anything like the other 2 games, it'll be good.

Devil May Cry: Collection - This is a GREAT series. Don't worry, the original is not out of date, it is still fun. The second game is more of the same type of action, but with a weaker story. The third game makes up for whatever the two originals were lacking, because it is fan-freakin'-tastic. In fact, you could buy the trilogy for that game alone.

Guacamelee - Haven't played it, have heard nothing.

Portal 2 - Wonderful game. It's definitely worth experiencing at least once, and its price has gone down since its release, so I'd suggest it. Get a friend to do coop once you're finished with single player, because it is damn fun and has a different story.

Infamous Collection - I played through some of the first game and absolutely HATED it, so I wouldn't be able to give you a good recommendation.
---
PSN: ErikJon
WKC:IE ID = Jonny
#18HeliosAscensionPosted 7/5/2013 11:24:03 PM
iamtruth posted...
all those games are goods

---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#19mmpepsiPosted 7/5/2013 11:29:02 PM
Rayman Origins is amazing.

Darksiders is pretty good. Darksiders 2 was a letdown.
#20Dark_SpiretPosted 7/5/2013 11:34:16 PM
Catherine - fun puzzle game with an interesting story. surprisingly long too. good game provided youre expecting a heavily story focused puzzle game.

Darksiders - its style is kinda all over the place, but it does work. as said its basically a "mature" zelda a long with everything that goes with it. If you like zelda youll probably like this.

Limbo - its good, but its gameplay lies almost completely on trial and error and for the price you can probably get a better deal on the other game sin this list.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Its basically NG1 with cheaper difficulty. Its solid, but it can get very very frustrating for all the wrong reasons.

Bioshock 2 - Depends on what youre expecting from it. its gameplay i feel is the best in the series, but its world and polish isnt quite up to par with 1 or infinite. however it still solid in all of those other areas. MP is a bit tacked on, but was still decent. If you enjoy the series its a good pick-up, but just dont expect that "special" feeling you might have gotten out of 1 or 3.

Devil May Cry: Collection - 2 sure as hell isnt good. its not awful or unplayable, but its insignificant enough to pass on it unless youre a completionist. 1 is still a solid action game, but it hasnt aged well in a few areas(like the camera and save system). its worth playing through tho. 3 will be what the whole collection is about. even by todays action standards its still a great game with lots of replay value and a brutal difficulty. Even taking 2 out youre still looking at 20-25hours of gameplay between 1 and 3.

Portal 2 - very fun puzzle and coop game with superb writing, characters and an insane amount of polish. It doesnt last long (10-12hours including coop), but its pure quality all the way through.

Infamous Collection - fun to blow **** up, but not much else. it can get highly repetitive. decent games to listen to a podcast and turn your brain off to and watch the explosions. Lots of content though, 30-40hours for 1 and 2 combined.

if i had to choose id personally go with Bioshock 2 and Portal 2, Not the longest experiences, but there both high quality. If you want quantity then pick up Infamous and DMC collection.
---
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake