This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Out of these games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Out of these games

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
3 years ago#11
ffxiii is better than most of those games

User Info: boring_name

boring_name
3 years ago#12
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I appreciate the input, but I already own FF XIII, and at the risk of making this a topic about that game I'll say it wasn't for me.
I'll get back to you.

User Info: joegt123

joegt123
3 years ago#13
Retroxgamer0 posted...

2/10
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
3 years ago#14
ok i will give you my opinion on the games you listed:

Catherine - boring puzzle game. its very niche not a lot of ppl like it, it usually goes under the radar

Darksiders - never heard of it youre on your own.

Limbo -bad

Rayman: Origins - poor mans nsmb..which is a poor mans donkey kong country returns, which is a poor mans mario world.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - great game, but fustrating camera and hard difficulty. its a nice rental or one time playthrough but if you get fustrated easy forget it.

Bioshock 2 - its ok but overrated. first ones better.

Devil May Cry: Collection - digital version is broken. disc versions the way to go. dmc 1 and 3 are great, 2 sucks.

Guacamelee - some indie game that is just ok.

Portal 2 - creative and fun, give it a shot

Infamous Collection - infamous is the worst ps3 exclusive ive ever purchased in my life, and 2 isnt much better. avoid it at all costs, so overrated.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
3 years ago#15
Portal 2 and Catherine are the only games on that list that I would buy if I were you. Also you should just buy a few games you know nothing about. Your username makes me think that you have read/watched too much about all the games you are interested in to the point where you turn to apathy about a game. Instead opt for Incredible Hulk, Captain America, or Majin Forsaken Kingdom, 3 games you have probably heard nothing about and they are fun.

User Info: boring_name

boring_name
3 years ago#16
Ryphis_Demeanor posted...
Portal 2 and Catherine are the only games on that list that I would buy if I were you. Also you should just buy a few games you know nothing about. Your username makes me think that you have read/watched too much about all the games you are interested in to the point where you turn to apathy about a game. Instead opt for Incredible Hulk, Captain America, or Majin Forsaken Kingdom, 3 games you have probably heard nothing about and they are fun.

I'm actually playing a trial of Catherine right now and I really like it so far. The game looks fantastic just in a design sense, I'm still worried about where it goes but I actually enjoy the puzzle gameplay.

I'm trying to branch out and try new things as far as gaming goes, it'd be easier if games were cheaper but amazon helps a lot with that. Thanks for the tips on some stuff you liked I might check out a few.
I'll get back to you.

User Info: JonnyZ

JonnyZ
3 years ago#17
Catherine - I was very pleasantly surprised by this game. Being a big fan of the Persona series, I came into it with big expectations...which were all shattered because the game - story and gameplay both - are nothing like Persona in any way. However, it is very unique with a great story in its own.

Darksiders - Haven't played this.

Limbo - I believe this used to be a flash game...I'd say wait for the price to drop lower. I think it's $15 right now, and that's still way, way too much.

Rayman: Origins - This game can be great if you have a buddy to play it with, but the single player aspect feels kind of dull.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Haven't played it, but I've heard it's excruciatingly challenging.

Bioshock 2 - Only game in the series I've not played. The only real negative I've heard about it is that there's tacked on multiplayer which is required for a platinum trophy. If it's anything like the other 2 games, it'll be good.

Devil May Cry: Collection - This is a GREAT series. Don't worry, the original is not out of date, it is still fun. The second game is more of the same type of action, but with a weaker story. The third game makes up for whatever the two originals were lacking, because it is fan-freakin'-tastic. In fact, you could buy the trilogy for that game alone.

Guacamelee - Haven't played it, have heard nothing.

Portal 2 - Wonderful game. It's definitely worth experiencing at least once, and its price has gone down since its release, so I'd suggest it. Get a friend to do coop once you're finished with single player, because it is damn fun and has a different story.

Infamous Collection - I played through some of the first game and absolutely HATED it, so I wouldn't be able to give you a good recommendation.
PSN: ErikJon
WKC:IE ID = Jonny

User Info: HeliosAscension

HeliosAscension
3 years ago#18
iamtruth posted...
all those games are goods
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.

User Info: mmpepsi

mmpepsi
3 years ago#19
Rayman Origins is amazing.

Darksiders is pretty good. Darksiders 2 was a letdown.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
3 years ago#20
Catherine - fun puzzle game with an interesting story. surprisingly long too. good game provided youre expecting a heavily story focused puzzle game.

Darksiders - its style is kinda all over the place, but it does work. as said its basically a "mature" zelda a long with everything that goes with it. If you like zelda youll probably like this.

Limbo - its good, but its gameplay lies almost completely on trial and error and for the price you can probably get a better deal on the other game sin this list.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Its basically NG1 with cheaper difficulty. Its solid, but it can get very very frustrating for all the wrong reasons.

Bioshock 2 - Depends on what youre expecting from it. its gameplay i feel is the best in the series, but its world and polish isnt quite up to par with 1 or infinite. however it still solid in all of those other areas. MP is a bit tacked on, but was still decent. If you enjoy the series its a good pick-up, but just dont expect that "special" feeling you might have gotten out of 1 or 3.

Devil May Cry: Collection - 2 sure as hell isnt good. its not awful or unplayable, but its insignificant enough to pass on it unless youre a completionist. 1 is still a solid action game, but it hasnt aged well in a few areas(like the camera and save system). its worth playing through tho. 3 will be what the whole collection is about. even by todays action standards its still a great game with lots of replay value and a brutal difficulty. Even taking 2 out youre still looking at 20-25hours of gameplay between 1 and 3.

Portal 2 - very fun puzzle and coop game with superb writing, characters and an insane amount of polish. It doesnt last long (10-12hours including coop), but its pure quality all the way through.

Infamous Collection - fun to blow **** up, but not much else. it can get highly repetitive. decent games to listen to a podcast and turn your brain off to and watch the explosions. Lots of content though, 30-40hours for 1 and 2 combined.

if i had to choose id personally go with Bioshock 2 and Portal 2, Not the longest experiences, but there both high quality. If you want quantity then pick up Infamous and DMC collection.
Currently playing: Deadpool - Killing Floor - Alan Wake
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Out of these games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived