This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate FF13 for being linear but praise FF7: Crisis Core?

#71SigmaHacielPosted 7/12/2013 6:54:34 AM
theshoveller posted...
Pharsti01 posted...
Being linear wasnt the issue with FF13.

I see it brought up a hell of a lot whenever people say why they hate it, unless they mean something else by those "hallway" comments.

That comment wasn't worded right. Being fallopial was only ONE issue with FF13.
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#72Devilman_AmonPosted 7/12/2013 6:57:23 AM
Bleachfreak7 posted...
DrEaM_420 posted...
Can you get Crisis Core on PSN?

I don't think so.

Really strange why they haven't and why they never thought about making an HD version as well as Dissidia HD version. I think they'd sell...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#73Fear the MONKEYPosted 7/12/2013 7:24:01 AM
CC is on the psp. its understandable for it to not be as grand as a normal, fully numbered, stand alone final fantasy.

FF XIII just didnt deliver on what ppl have come to expect from a fully numbered, console FF. its that simple.

then throw in the "extras" like FFXIII taking itself too seriously, Zack being a more likable/relatable character, an arguably more fun combat system in CC, a relatively coherent story, and you have all the reasons you'd need to understand why, apparently, CC was praised so much

side note: no one ever praises a game BECAUSE of its linearity. if CC was indeed held in righ regards, its because of everything else DESPITE being linear. ff13 didnt have much to compensate for being linear and boring
---
psn/wii u id: FearTheMonkey