This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uncharted and TLOU. Overrated interactive movies.

#1originalhipsterPosted 7/8/2013 10:59:40 AM
My PS3 like many came with Uncharted 1 and 2. Finally! I could play the games everyone has been endlessly praising, surely they must be something special!

Generic cover shooting like every other TFS. Okay no big deal. I'm sure the platforming is special. What there's no actual platforming? Just scripted segments where you can mash X and regardless of timing, you auto-lock on the next ledge? What? The whole game (especially Uncharted 2) feels like one big linear corridor? Why are these considered GOTY again? There's not even any replay value.

Then TLOU comes out so I check out footage. What's this? The gameplay seems even more scripted, lazy and uninspired than than Uncharted? So why on earth was everyone saying this game was 10/10 then?

"The Story is great. The graphics and presentation is superb!!!"

Right because gameplay no longer matters. It's not like it's a video game or anything. Not to mention the story is highly generic anyway, it just has good voice acting which deceptively makes it seem better than it really is.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#2RygonPosted 7/8/2013 11:02:46 AM
Overrated where? Not on this board it seems. You're in good company. Check out half the topics on the front page and high five your buddies about how you all hate these acclaimed games.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#3Paragon-57Posted 7/8/2013 11:03:22 AM
Really aiming for lots of replies, are we. _
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#4CrimsonGear80Posted 7/8/2013 11:03:55 AM
at least he's living up to his username.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#5originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:05:14 AM
Rygon posted...
Overrated where? Not on this board it seems. You're in good company. Check out half the topics on the front page and high five your buddies about how you all hate these acclaimed games.

Acclaimed by who? Mainstream review sites that never give popular AAA games honest reviews for fear of backlash of not getting early copies of the games next time? And thus losing tons of potential site hits?

A former IGN employee even admitted public relations heavily influence review scores.
---
#6DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/8/2013 11:06:36 AM
I am getting fricken sick of people calling them interactive movies. Heavy Rain was an interactive movie, if you play Uncharted and The Last of Us you know they aren't interactive movies in anyway.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#7stawg007Posted 7/8/2013 11:06:46 AM
You're gonna love Beyond TC
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#8Mystickay86Posted 7/8/2013 11:07:50 AM
TC went full Greer. /ignore & /movealong.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#9RygonPosted 7/8/2013 11:08:13 AM
originalhipster posted...
Rygon posted...

Acclaimed by who? Mainstream review sites that never give popular AAA games honest reviews for fear of backlash of not getting early copies of the games next time? And thus losing tons of potential site hits?

A former IGN employee even admitted public relations heavily influence review scores.

There is no reason to be upset. As I said you can wallow in the company of like minded users on this board. Maybe try striking up a conversation with them instead of lashing at the fans.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#10originalhipster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 11:08:43 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
I am getting fricken sick of people calling them interactive movies. Heavy Rain was an interactive movie, if you play Uncharted and The Last of Us you know they aren't interactive movies in anyway.

I've played through all of Uncharted 1 and 2 and they are certainly interactive movies.

Let me repeat. The platforming is literally scripted. Think about that concept for a moment. Platforming. Being scripted.
---