This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any fans of Front Mission here?

#1Hawke0Posted 7/10/2013 9:17:38 AM
I saw FM3 and FM4 up for $20 and $5 respectively on eBay, so I decided to order them because I love strategy games and they seemed interesting.
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#2Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:35:20 PM
bump
---
#3RygonPosted 7/10/2013 2:39:58 PM
They're great. You should have paid $6 for FM3.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#4NicodimusPosted 7/10/2013 2:41:57 PM
I loved FM3. I think I rented 4 once and was very disappointed with all the changes.
---
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L200 ranger)
#5RygonPosted 7/10/2013 2:44:16 PM
Nicodimus posted...
I loved FM3. I think I rented 4 once and was very disappointed with all the changes.

What changed? As safe a sequel has ever been. They added unite attacks I guess. What was gone or totally different?
---
#6NicodimusPosted 7/10/2013 2:46:39 PM
It was several years ago, but I seem to remember that they traded in the grid/strategy type of gameplay to being a regular dumb action game. I was like "there is already an Armored Core series, why did you feel you had to be the exact same?"
---
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L200 ranger)
#7Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:47:37 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Eh, I'm all about whether or not something is good or not. If something goes from being an RTS to a JRPG, I wouldn't complain so long as it's still good. If it's better, I'd defend the changes to my grave, like with Advance Wars Days of Ruin. If it's not objectively better or worse, then I'm indifferent. If it changes and it's worse, there will be no mercy.
---
#8DotsAndLinesPosted 7/10/2013 2:47:46 PM
*raises hand*

Over here! FM series is awesome, why did SE abandon it? Does the ADD generation not like slower-paced strategy games? Just another reason why this gen sucks.

FM3: The best in the series. Great story, likeable characters, 2 different story paths you can choose from.
FM4: Kind of disappointing, with more cliched story and BAD graphics. Still managed to have fun with it though.
FM5: Better than FM4, takes you through the history of events of the FM universe. Japanese only, unfortunately.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#9Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:49:03 PM
Nicodimus posted...
It was several years ago, but I seem to remember that they traded in the grid/strategy type of gameplay to being a regular dumb action game. I was like "there is already an Armored Core series, why did you feel you had to be the exact same?"

While I was looking for the games, I found out that's actually pretty normal for the FM series. They have 5 main strategy games, and 5 spin offs, ranging from RTS to TPS.
---
#10RygonPosted 7/10/2013 2:49:36 PM
Nicodimus posted...

That is Front Mission: Evolved by Motomu Toriyama. There were 4 Front Mission games (FM4, 5, 1st, and FM 2089) in between FM3 and that.
---