This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any fans of Front Mission here?

#21Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 3:33:19 PM
antoinejones posted...
Rygon posted...
antoinejones posted...
Fm3 was great... FM4 has utter garbage i couldnt even play for for 2 hours... and thus I had no desire to try 5 which didnt even get released outside of JP anyway so i had no option to try it

Whatever. And we're here again. FM4 is just like 3. What makes it pure garbage? And you know the quality of a 40 hour game after 2 hours?

FM3 had a great story and characters i cared enough about or was interested enough in to see what happens to them next... FM4 didnt prove any of that for me so I was extremely bored early n.. gameplaywise the games were pretty much teh same however I dont play RPGs or strategy games for their gameplay if I wanted great gameplay there are MUCh better games to choose from (armored core for example)

Just about everything in this post makes me think FM4 is fine at worst.
---
Occupation Bob and Endgame are probably the stupidest people on the FE:A board.
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#22antoinejonesPosted 7/10/2013 3:37:32 PM
Rygon posted...
antoinejones posted...
Rygon posted...
antoinejones posted...
Fm3 was great... FM4 has utter garbage i couldnt even play for for 2 hours... and thus I had no desire to try 5 which didnt even get released outside of JP anyway so i had no option to try it

Whatever. And we're here again. FM4 is just like 3. What makes it pure garbage? And you know the quality of a 40 hour game after 2 hours?

FM3 had a great story and characters i cared enough about or was interested enough in to see what happens to them next... FM4 didnt prove any of that for me so I was extremely bored early n.. gameplaywise the games were pretty much teh same however I dont play RPGs or strategy games for their gameplay if I wanted great gameplay there are MUCh better games to choose from (armored core for example)

Action is not "much better" than turn based strategy. They are two tastes. Incomparable. It sounds like you didn't like FM much to begin with.

yet i loved 3? Also i like turn based and action equally but if both games are completely teh same only different being action or turn based gameplay then id choose cation over turn based.. however if teh action game is horrible Ill choose turn based game over IT...

for example i think FM4 is garbage but Id choose IT over FM Evolved because my main gripe with FM4 is that its story is bad/boring, everything else is fine... FM Evolved on teh other hand had NO redeeming qualities except that its gameplay style is preferred over the other but even then the game plays like a buncha monkeys programmed it.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#23Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 3:40:33 PM
Because "action or turn based" is such a minor difference >_>
---
#24ShinAkuma777Posted 7/10/2013 4:06:22 PM
i've played the originals and have 3 which is fun but i just sorta stopped playing it wouldn't mind a new one i enjoy tactical rpgs
---
only bobo knows how to work your nipples
Check my page for kungfu http://www.youtube.com/user/thuggofdablock
#25DefYouthPosted 7/10/2013 5:52:55 PM
I've only played FM3 but I loved it. I just replayed it a few months ago. I wish they'd put 4 on PSN.
---
"This game cheats."
#26Orcinus_ToothPosted 7/10/2013 5:56:29 PM
It's good to see other Front Missions fans here, because most people I know never heard of the series except for Front Mission Evolved. I love Front Mission 3, it's still one of my top favourite game. The story is great, the combat is fun, the music is great, and I like the characters. Aside from graphics, the only things I might change to improve the game are to add more simulations stages for better grinding, retain weapon proficiency and money for new game plus.
I didn't like Front Mission 4 as much, because for some reasons, they think running out of bullets and having lots of dark stages to lower the accuracy was a good idea. It's also a bit boring.
I didn't like Front Mission Evolved either because it became an action game. I had fun with it, but it's only worth one play through.
#27kungfumousePosted 7/10/2013 6:06:16 PM
Years ago, in high school, my friend let me borrow FM3 and I loved it. I recently bought it on PSN, yet it doesn't seem to have aged well. I never got to play 4, and my PS2 needs some attention so I may be checking out e-bay myself.
#28IChangedMyNamePosted 7/10/2013 6:22:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:48:37 PM
The AI was better than any of the past games, and on top of that they don't cheat in FoW. As for charm, the setting is entirely subjective. I prefer light hearted games, but that's just it; it's a preference, not better or worse. Arguing about which is better is like arguing about what the best color is. The story is actually decent as opposed to being an excuse plot.

Unit balance is far better, and they got rid of the broken War Tanks, Stealth Fighters, etc., and Anti-tanks and Dusters provide counters to once broken units. Naval combat is actually playable, and the CO balance as well is better. Caulder is OP, but he's banned from online play. Isabella is OP, but she doesn't hold a candle to Colin, Grit, Hachi, Sturm, and Sensei. Even without Isabella, that leaves you with 10 balanced COs, over 80% of the total. The worst you can say about anything in DoR is that it's different, just about everything is an improvement from an objective standpoint.
---
#30LAGswitchLARRYPosted 7/10/2013 6:59:00 PM
FM5 is the best in the series. Simply awesome

Hoping for FM6
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.