This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any fans of Front Mission here?

#81fmfan76Posted 7/23/2013 10:07:14 AM(edited)
Usually twice to triple the amount of player + enemy units you'll see in an FM3 mission.

Like in FM1, you control 12 units on average (max is 18) on the OCU scenario and a max of 7 (up to 11 on several missions) on the UCS scenario. On average, you're pitted against 13-15 enemies per mission, the max being 20. The most player + enemy units you'll see on a map is 31.

In FM2, you control 12 units. On average, you're usually up against 20+ enemies and the max goes up to 28. You can expect to see as much as 40 player + enemy units in a mission.

FM4 lets you control 6 units on both scenarios, but you can usually control up to 12 units for a good chunk of missions. Same amount of enemies on average as FM1...13-15 enemies per map, going up to a max of 20. At most, you can see 32 player + enemy units on a map.

FM5 also lets you control 6 units, with a max of up to 12 units on several missions. Enemy count varies depending on difficulty; on normal it's around 17-20, and on hard it's like FM2 in that you'll see 20+ enemy units on most maps. Most player + enemy units you'll see on a map is in the mid-high 30s, but there's one notable mission where you'll see nearly 50 player + enemy units.

FM2089 BoM lets you control 5 units, but up to 7 units during a certain section of the game. Enemy count varies moreso than the other FMs. Most of the time, you'll face FM3-like levels of opposition, however you'll face more and more as the game progresses - up to a max of 29 enemy units. The most player + enemy units you can see in a mission is 36.

And even though it's not an SRPG/TBS FM, FM Alternative has the same large scale madness as well. Up to 9 units you can control, facing usually 20+ enemy units in a mission. Most units you'll see from both sides is similar to FM1 and FM4...just around 30 units. Also, there is one noteworthy mission where you'll see 43 player + enemy units.

For comparison, in FM3, the most enemy units you'll see is 10, and the most player + enemy units caps out at 16.
#82TerotrousPosted 7/23/2013 10:31:39 AM
Yeah, it's a good series, though Evolved is, perhaps, the worst spin-off of all time. Not only did they take a great, strategic series with an interesting plot and turn it into the world's most generic cookie-cutter FPS, but they couldn't even preserve the mech customization aspect, Front Mission Evolved actually has way LESS weapon variety than most FPS games. I have no idea how you manage to fail that badly.

Sadly, Front Mission is the kind of intelligent game that you just can't sell anymore these days. It's like Culdcept. If you have to think to get enjoyment out of the game, today's customers aren't interested. They just want to blow stuff up.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#83Hawke0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:43:22 PM
fmfan76 posted...
Usually twice to triple the amount of player + enemy units you'll see in an FM3 mission.

Like in FM1, you control 12 units on average (max is 18) on the OCU scenario and a max of 7 (up to 11 on several missions) on the UCS scenario. On average, you're pitted against 13-15 enemies per mission, the max being 20. The most player + enemy units you'll see on a map is 31.

In FM2, you control 12 units. On average, you're usually up against 20+ enemies and the max goes up to 28. You can expect to see as much as 40 player + enemy units in a mission.

FM4 lets you control 6 units on both scenarios, but you can usually control up to 12 units for a good chunk of missions. Same amount of enemies on average as FM1...13-15 enemies per map, going up to a max of 20. At most, you can see 32 player + enemy units on a map.

FM5 also lets you control 6 units, with a max of up to 12 units on several missions. Enemy count varies depending on difficulty; on normal it's around 17-20, and on hard it's like FM2 in that you'll see 20+ enemy units on most maps. Most player + enemy units you'll see on a map is in the mid-high 30s, but there's one notable mission where you'll see nearly 50 player + enemy units.

FM2089 BoM lets you control 5 units, but up to 7 units during a certain section of the game. Enemy count varies moreso than the other FMs. Most of the time, you'll face FM3-like levels of opposition, however you'll face more and more as the game progresses - up to a max of 29 enemy units. The most player + enemy units you can see in a mission is 36.

And even though it's not an SRPG/TBS FM, FM Alternative has the same large scale madness as well. Up to 9 units you can control, facing usually 20+ enemy units in a mission. Most units you'll see from both sides is similar to FM1 and FM4...just around 30 units. Also, there is one noteworthy mission where you'll see 43 player + enemy units.

For comparison, in FM3, the most enemy units you'll see is 10, and the most player + enemy units caps out at 16.

Sounds like I got the game in the series I'd enjoy the least - which is actually not all that bad, because I loved FM3. I assume the DS remake of the original has the same scale? I'll have to pick it up if I ever find a copy.
---
"Fresh Prince is the greatest thing in the history of the world. That is FACT."-DNRT people who agree:1
The One and Only True Mr.Ford