This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People need to stop tossing around "interactive movie" like it means anything.

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 7/10/2013 1:38:49 PM
Seriously, because a game has a story doesn't make it any less of a game.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2DotsAndLinesPosted 7/10/2013 1:39:52 PM
It's not the presence of a story. It's the lack of GOOD gameplay that causes people to call it an interactive movie.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 7/10/2013 1:41:04 PM
DotsAndLines posted...
It's not the presence of a story. It's the lack of GOOD gameplay that causes people to call it an interactive movie.

Call of Duty games must be the number 1 interactive movies then.
#4jameswann64Posted 7/10/2013 1:42:19 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

LMAO
---
Currently playing: NBA 2k13(PS3) PS all stars (PS3) Simpsons: TO (IP)
#5SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 1:42:27 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6DotsAndLinesPosted 7/10/2013 1:43:58 PM
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

The thing is, CoD has NEITHER good gameplay nor a good story. So it's not an interactive movie, just an interactive lowest common denominator entertainment.
---
WARNING: This post may contain OPINIONS. Opinions that may differ from yours. Do not read if you are unable to handle it with maturity.
#7majin nemesisPosted 7/10/2013 1:45:12 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?

it has in single play and most of the people that use the term "interactive movies" are just trolls and butthurts
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#8sephiroth068Posted 7/10/2013 1:46:41 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
DotsAndLines posted...

Call of Duty has story?

Believe it or not it does.
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#9LamacePosted 7/10/2013 1:54:09 PM
The way I view the term "Interactive movie" is one of two ways.

1 - The game is so cinematic it feels like you are playing a movie. Like Shadow of the Colossus was very cinematic, and felt much like a huge budget epic from Hollywood or China.

2 - It literally is a movie given interactive elements. Games like Mad Dog McCree, or Who Shot Johnny Rock?, or Night Trap.
#10bigslim816Posted 7/10/2013 1:56:02 PM
People need to stop tossing around troll or defend topics about it. Board has been a mess for 2-3 days now.
---
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!