This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TLoU is not an interactive movie...

#1Merc123Posted 7/10/2013 6:54:09 PM
Asura's Wrath, Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy are interactive movies. you know, where your pressing buttons in sync to a cutscene most of the time.
#2LAGswitchLARRYPosted 7/10/2013 6:56:45 PM
Greer says it is so..

it is
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#3joegt123Posted 7/10/2013 7:00:15 PM
Asura's Wrath is on the fence. It's certainly packaged like one, but it has full on gameplay, too.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4fissionprimerPosted 7/10/2013 7:00:56 PM
We know it's not, trolls leave them be.
---
I'm handsome too ;)
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 7/10/2013 7:02:07 PM
I just don't like the forced walking parts.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#6bigslim816Posted 7/10/2013 7:04:36 PM
Really, another one of these? Board is a mess.
---
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
@#&! a fanboy!
#7TNK10Posted 7/10/2013 7:06:09 PM
joegt123 posted...
Asura's Wrath is on the fence. It's certainly packaged like one, but it has full on gameplay, too.

ROFL
---
Technically Heihachi and Kaz had to have sex too to create Kaz and Jin. - VRX3000
Hehachi and Kaz had sex and made KazJin?! WTH?! -starrylily
#8boring_namePosted 7/10/2013 7:07:51 PM
I half expected to see "It's an interactive film, darn it!"
---
I'll get back to you.
#9pirajacintoPosted 7/10/2013 7:09:22 PM
joegt123 posted...

It DOES?!? I saw A Top 10 2012 games (Woolie's) and it was on the list, and all he showed as a QTE.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#10thepixelgardenPosted 7/10/2013 8:54:03 PM
From what I understand it has like an hour and a half of cutscenes. That's just about a full-length movie there. Also, it's not just the cutscenes that matter, but does the game try to come off like a movie? Lots of dialogue, heavy on the storyline, etc?

Also, there's nothing WRONG with that. It shouldn't be considered an insult to give something a slang term if it reflects what the creators were going for in the first place. For example, Mario's a "collect-a-thon", but I happen to love collect-a-thon games so my ears perk up when people use that term. If I enjoyed interactive movie games then people calling TLOU that name would be an indicator that maybe I should pick it up. Ain't nothing wrong with that!