This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about a game in Thailand?

#1Bloodlines1191Posted 7/10/2013 11:41:00 PM
I've finished watching S1 of Defiance and love how it's people in marketplaces in enclosed spaces. But I dislike the lack of settlements in the game and S2 begins in 2014 in June.

I've seen a few videos on Youtube so I have a few ideas of what it looks like in small strips and stuff. Also what are your requested settings for games. :D
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 7/10/2013 11:47:29 PM(edited)
I wouldn't like it. I mean third world country cities are usually not good for games. A movie could work. Not The Hangover II though.

Also, non-native writers love focusing on the worst aspects of the country like the sex trade and slums and not the cool night life. I don't trust any developer/writer to do a good job. Modern Warfare 2 took place in Rio and guess what? Slums!

I request many cities in future XCOM games. They should focus on the good aspects of a city though.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#3Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:56:35 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I wouldn't like it. I mean third world country cities are usually not good for games. A movie could work. Not The Hangover II though.

Also, non-native writers love focusing on the worst aspects of the country like the sex trade and slums and not the cool night life. I don't trust any developer/writer to do a good job. Modern Warfare 2 took place in Rio and guess what? Slums!

I request many cities in future XCOM games. They should focus on the good aspects of a city though.

Didn't AC3 have Sao Paolo looking all trashy and it's people whores or drunks that people actually got offended to the point they had to apologize?

If that's the case, isn't the AC games third world and people actually HATED first world cities (AC3)? Plus there's that game The Order. Right? That's in London.
---
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 12:01:14 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

Didn't AC3 have Sao Paolo looking all trashy and it's people whores or drunks that people actually got offended to the point they had to apologize?

If that's the case, isn't the AC games third world and people actually HATED first world cities (AC3)? Plus there's that game The Order. Right? That's in London.

AC3? I think you mean Max Payne 3. As for AC games Venice, Rome and USA isn't third world. Maybe Istanbul is. Also, London isn't third world.
---
#5UnCool_HeadPosted 7/11/2013 12:05:37 AM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Was really São Paulo? Wow... At first I thought you were referring to Max Payne 3, which was did set here, but local media didn't make a scandal for that game, contrary to other works set in Rio. That happens because São Paulo is... São Paulo and nobody cares about it.

I like Thailand, moving back to topic, but seems that some Asian cities (Shangai, Hong Kong, Singapure, Bangkoc and some others) are not well used in any kind of medium. They are really good, but I don't know what happens. In the end they're treated like exotic-poor places where the story could easily be set in the US.
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 12:08:56 AM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Was really São Paulo? Wow... At first I thought you were referring to Max Payne 3, which was did set here, but local media didn't make a scandal for that game, contrary to other works set in Rio. That happens because São Paulo is... São Paulo and nobody cares about it.

I like Thailand, moving back to topic, but seems that some Asian cities (Shangai, Hong Kong, Singapure, Bangkoc and some others) are not well used in any kind of medium. They are really good, but I don't know what happens. In the end they're treated like exotic-poor places where the story could easily be set in the US.

And a lot of writers don't even bother with big things like languages. The recent The Avengers movie had Bangladeshi people speaking in Hindi. Of course, that was also took place in a slum. Fantastic.
---
#7Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 12:18:11 AM
My apologizes on the rest of the examples. However, AC3 was an example of first world that people hated I mean.

And to answer Uncool's repsonds... Assassin's Creed 3 had a mission in which you infiltrate a stadium to get a cube from a VIP's trophy wife.

But I kinda understand what you mean. Still it would be an amazing story/gameplay seeing you'd have alot of crowd and intimidating characters and backstabbers possibly. Add a Slice of Life sort of style and it could be a well use of the setting.
---
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 12:25:42 AM
My apologizes on the rest of the examples. However, AC3 was an example of first world that people hated I mean.

You mean people didn't like USA and how it was portrayed? Or the present day parts?
---
#9656stoogePosted 7/11/2013 12:27:16 AM
The more games that take place outside the US, the better. I've bought a bunch just because the setting interests me. Hell, that's pretty much all AssCreed has going for it now.

Plus Thailand is gorgeous. My favourite level in Tomb Raider Underworld.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#10JONlCSPosted 7/11/2013 12:36:49 AM
too much wang, even with women.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cBQMs.jpg
JawnixPSboy