This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about a game in Thailand?

#11UnCool_HeadPosted 7/11/2013 12:39:02 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

And a lot of writers don't even bother with big things like languages. The recent The Avengers movie had Bangladeshi people speaking in Hindi. Of course, that was also took place in a slum. Fantastic.

I liked the job Rockstar did about SP. The language was very good, with a few flaws and most of the character have had the right accent and a good voice actor (the dirty cop being the exception). Some phrases (during multiplayer) were spoken in a funny/not convincing way, but I guess it goes for us the same way some action movie one-liners goes for Americans.

Anyways, the story clearly needed a place for Max to be lost, ergo anywhere but US. It was good they used São Paulo and gave it a good treatment. The could easily go for some of the Asian cities I spoke about but they didn't.

Speaking of, I can't stand AC making every ancient European city speaking British English with some "local" accent. God of War with the actors speaking "naturally" (i.e. TV Hercules dubbing GOW III Hercules) has got more kudos in that.

Bloodlines1191 posted...
And to answer Uncool's repsonds... Assassin's Creed 3 had a mission in which you infiltrate a stadium to get a cube from a VIP's trophy wife.

But I kinda understand what you mean. Still it would be an amazing story/gameplay seeing you'd have alot of crowd and intimidating characters and backstabbers possibly. Add a Slice of Life sort of style and it could be a well use of the setting.

Yeah, I've heard of that, but - because I've heard of that - I didn't think it was São Paulo. Really, this city is to underestimate even by its people.

About Thailand, I think so too, but only if the protagonist is a native that doesn't speak English.

Well... if there's any consolation in that, there's the new Refn movie coming out soon. Even though it's clearly set in a poor, dangerous and exotic Thailand, it looks cool enough to "calm" you down... or making you even more anxious for a Thai videogame.

As for The Hangover Part II; the director said they were between Bangkok and Rio... really...

And I still wanna drink orange soda outta plastic bag.
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#12Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 12:41:16 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
My apologizes on the rest of the examples. However, AC3 was an example of first world that people hated I mean.

You mean people didn't like USA and how it was portrayed? Or the present day parts?

People hated it's lack of verticality and blandness. GTA IV was criticized for being bland as well.

656stooge posted...
The more games that take place outside the US, the better. I've bought a bunch just because the setting interests me. Hell, that's pretty much all AssCreed has going for it now.

Plus Thailand is gorgeous. My favourite level in Tomb Raider Underworld.

AC needs to stop following AC2's formula and bring back the investigations. And I agree with what you said.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#13DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 12:42:46 AM
I liked the job Rockstar did about SP. The language was very good, with a few flaws and most of the character have had the right accent and a good voice actor (the dirty cop being the exception). Some phrases (during multiplayer) were spoken in a funny/not convincing way, but I guess it goes for us the same way some action movie one-liners goes for Americans.

I heard the Brazilian voices and accents were dreadful. Also, Sleeping Dogs has the most hilarious Cantonese in recent memory.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#14UnCool_HeadPosted 7/11/2013 1:03:22 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

I heard the Brazilian voices and accents were dreadful. Also, Sleeping Dogs has the most hilarious Cantonese in recent memory.

I'm from São Paulo (see my sig) and I can assure you it was very good. We can even go ease with the accents since there's countless of immigrants (from other countries and other states) here. It also did the "24 trick", were characters would speak English for no reason at all...

The game sure lacked famous Brazilians voice actors, but overall was good.

DC Universe Online had have Brazilian heroine Fire speaking Spanish in a sexy way, even though she was harmed. That was dreadful.
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#15DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 2:04:15 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

I'm from São Paulo (see my sig) and I can assure you it was very good. We can even go ease with the accents since there's countless of immigrants (from other countries and other states) here. It also did the "24 trick", were characters would speak English for no reason at all...

The game sure lacked famous Brazilians voice actors, but overall was good.

DC Universe Online had have Brazilian heroine Fire speaking Spanish in a sexy way, even though she was harmed. That was dreadful.

Cool.
---
#16AnonUnknownPosted 7/11/2013 2:09:19 AM
How about a Devil May Cry spin-off set in Ghana.
#17DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 4:59:40 AM

Seen it.
---
#18AnonUnknownPosted 7/11/2013 5:27:46 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

Seen it.

T-T-T-T-T-T-THE KILLAH ONE AAAAAND tsooo!
#19DarkSymbiotePosted 7/11/2013 5:34:24 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

Seen it.

I'm more interested in The Killer 1 and 2.
---
#20AnonUnknownPosted 7/11/2013 7:05:50 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Seen it.

I'm more interested in The Killer 1 and 2.

I want a videogame for Tebaatusasula. You american son of the beach!