This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DuckTales HD RETAIL release & digital dates/prices set! (CE details)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DuckTales HD RETAIL release & digital dates/prices set! (CE details)

User Info: Ghost_Beast

Ghost_Beast
3 years ago#1
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/07/ducktales-remastered-release-date-set-boxed-version-with-collectible-pin-announced/

https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/355344762154385408

DuckTales: Remastered is priced at $14.99 for the digital version and $19.99 for the retail version on PS3.

Capcom today announced that DuckTales: Remastered will officially release beginning this August on all major platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC. In North America, the game will be available for digital download on August 13 (on PSN, Nintendo eShop on Wii U and PC), with an XBLA version launching September 11.

Additionally, on August 20, a collectible boxed version (with download code and exclusive DuckTales Disney collector’s pin) will be offered on PlayStation 3 at retailers across the country.
// ROBOTS & S***! //

Ghost_Beast
3 years ago#2
This comment has me a bit confused.

"Additionally, on August 20, a collectible boxed version (with download code and exclusive DuckTales Disney collector’s pin) will be offered on PlayStation 3 at retailers across the country."

Uhm, so is the retail version getting a disc? Or the boxed version only has a download code? What?
// ROBOTS & S***! //

User Info: tmons78

tmons78
3 years ago#3
Ghost_Beast posted...
This comment has me a bit confused.

"Additionally, on August 20, a collectible boxed version (with download code and exclusive DuckTales Disney collector’s pin) will be offered on PlayStation 3 at retailers across the country."

Uhm, so is the retail version getting a disc? Or the boxed version only has a download code? What?

My guess is that it will be a case with a download voucher in it, and the pin, but not a disc.

I think the LOTR guardians of middle earth MOBA game had the same type of retail release (case with download voucher).

User Info: AzureVergil

AzureVergil
3 years ago#4
A retail release without a disc...? -_-

User Info: yenmaster1

yenmaster1
3 years ago#5
AzureVergil posted...
A retail release without a disc...? -_-

Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD had a retail version, but it was only a case with artwork and no disc, just the DLC code. They were the same price as online & Gamestop had them for a short time IIRC

User Info: XSilverPhoenixX

XSilverPhoenixX
3 years ago#6
Manufacturing boxes with just a voucher code (and a pin) just never make sense to me.

There are still people without internet access so this won't help any potential buyer who was hoping for a disc.

I just think having a box with no game is weird so it is purely just meant for collectors.

User Info: ZHolyMadman

ZHolyMadman
3 years ago#7
Joyous beyond words that I'll get to have a physical copy! All is forgiven, Capcom!
The fact that I have 22 Plats doesn't mean I have no life, it means I can successfully juggle work, school, an active social life and still be a gamer.
...You?

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
3 years ago#8
ZHolyMadman posted...
Joyous beyond words that I'll get to have a physical copy! All is forgiven, Capcom!

Incoming rage when realization of no actual disc but download voucher is inside occurs in three...two...one...
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)

Ghost_Beast
3 years ago#9
sephiroth068 posted...
ZHolyMadman posted...

Incoming rage when realization of no actual disc but download voucher is inside occurs in three...two...one...

Uhm, I was disappointed from the get go, when I posted this topic. I want the game on disc.
// ROBOTS & S***! //

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
3 years ago#10
Ghost_Beast posted...
sephiroth068 posted...
ZHolyMadman posted...

Uhm, I was disappointed from the get go, when I posted this topic. I want the game on disc.

If you notice...I wasn't quoting you, but I do understand...I too wish it was an ACTUAL disc release and not just a pretty box with a download voucher but oh well, such is life sometimes
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. DuckTales HD RETAIL release & digital dates/prices set! (CE details)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived