This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for good indie games.

#11656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:59:45 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I really like The Cave.

'Splosion Man (360).

I have Splosion Man, but I've only played the first few levels. Wasn't sold on The Cave after the trial, but I might pick it up anyway. I like supporting Double Fine whenever I can.

I'll look into Black Knight Sword too, as I think I own every other Grasshopper game that's made it's way over from Japan.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#12DarkSymbiotePosted 7/13/2013 6:06:59 AM
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Not an indie game but still.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#13spectermaster14Posted 7/14/2013 8:55:39 PM
spectermaster14 posted...
Make sure you don't spoil much about Hotline Miami, it's a really interesting game. Do make sure you know what you're getting with the gameplay, though, it's really weird and hard to grasp for some people.

Sorry, just came back from dinner. From the minute or two I watched on youtube, it seems to look like the original GTA games. At least from a gameplay perspective.

Does it also have a decent story, or is there just some interesting variations in the gameplay that are best experienced firsthand?

My bad, didn't realize you posted about it until just now. It's really not like the old GTAs, closer to Smash TV as far as controls and such go. Twin sticks. Way it works is, you die in one or two hits, but so does every enemy barring bosses. You choose a mask, which gives you a specific ability - take more hits, move faster, thrown weapons kill instantly, etc. - then try to wipe out everyone in the level. You'll die a lot and there's no real penalty beyond a drop in your score based on time. You can use melee weapons, guns, thrown weapons, doors, and even throw your regular weapons to kill.

Story's really interesting and very abstract, but it's told mostly through gameplay with just a few dialogue scenes. Really gotta experience it yourself.
#14edomon007Posted 7/15/2013 5:38:50 PM
Rainbow Moon
Terraria

Here are some future releases:

Rain
Spelunky
Divekick
Stealth Bastards (Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark) comes our next week
Lone Survivor
#15ninjakrakenPosted 7/15/2013 5:51:38 PM
Here are a few, though I don't think all counts as Indie:

Thomas Was Alone (puzzle platformer)
Eufloria (RTS)
From Dust (RTS? puzzle?)
Stacking (adventure/puzzle)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (puzzle platformer)
Tokyo Jungle (arcade/survival)
Sideway New York (platformer)

I'm sure it's not Indie but I like anything Pixeljunk.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith