This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's going to happen to our PS Plus games when PSN shuts down?

#1knightoffire55Posted 7/13/2013 5:38:52 PM
Do we lose them forever?
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2HARDSHOCKERPosted 7/13/2013 5:41:51 PM
The ethical thing they would do is unlock all the games people have downloaded and also the games from their download list and let it be.
---
3ds: 1848-2210-1940
name:hardshocke
#3BurgerTime79Posted 7/13/2013 5:42:13 PM
You know full well that anything that's dependent on a subscription service will no longer be usable if you cancel or the service is shut off. The majority of us who have the service are aware of this. The only people who are going to flop around and raise a stink are the ones who are just trying to get other people worked up over it.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#4CrimsonGear80Posted 7/13/2013 5:44:02 PM
I guess you'll find out when the PSN shuts down.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#5MikeugamePosted 7/14/2013 12:33:35 AM
Does it really matter, you would think you'll be finished with them by then. Also if not or you wanna play it again they'll mostly be really cheap.

HARDSHOCKER posted...
The ethical thing they would do is unlock all the games people have downloaded and also the games from their download list and let it be.

It'll be awesome if they gave us few games a year that was free to keep forever, which reminds me are 360 free games free to keep forever.
---
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"
#6archizzyPosted 7/14/2013 12:36:36 AM
PSN itself being shut off wouldn't automatically mean your game is unplayable. Now if there is no PSN *and* your system dies/HDD dies then you wouldn't be able to re download/play your game.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#7riddlebox89Posted 7/14/2013 12:39:22 AM
HARDSHOCKER posted...

Except they can't do that and it's not "ethical" to do at all, letting people keep them even after their subscription is up would mean they'd be giving away a game that they have no legal rights to just hand out to random people. How is giving away something that's not yours ethical?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8MwarriorHieiPosted 7/14/2013 12:48:57 AM
instead of worrying about your ps plus games, you should worry about digital games you dont have saved on your hard drive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif