This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Mega Man was meant for hardcore gamers?

#1Syko_DarksydePosted 7/13/2013 10:38:09 PM
What happened? Also why is Mega Man Nine 8-bit? Cheap marketing?
---
Remember, if you find yourself alone riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium. And you're already dead.
#2TomoEK9Posted 7/13/2013 10:39:18 PM
Syko_Darksyde posted...
What happened? Also why is Mega Man Nine 8-bit? Cheap marketing?

Capcom stopped supporting Megaman when the original creator for the series left the company.

Also Megaman 9 and 10 were 8-bit as a throwback to the older games.
#3BitentiliPosted 7/13/2013 10:40:46 PM
Since when where they marketed to the "hardcore" gamers?

The original Mega Man games were a lot easier and fairer than a lot of the other games coming out in that time period.
---
Not changing this signature until I can think of something better to put as a signature. Started March 20, 2011
#4akuma634Posted 7/13/2013 10:54:41 PM
The problem with Mega Man is that nobody really knows how to make a Mega Man game this gen. Mega Man 9 was awesome, a pure nostalgia trip and everyone loved it. Mega Man 10 came out and got a lukewarm reception. Capcom is a business and like any major publisher what they want the most are the big budget AAA games but the issue is how do you make a $60 Mega Man game. To me it's a mix of those two things. They don't want to do more digital titles because Mega Man 10 wasn't a super hit like they were expecting so they don't want to lose more money. They'd ideally want a big budget Mega Man game but it damn well better make then a giant profit or else it would be deemed a failure in their eyes.

Look at Street Fighter, between 3rd Strike and 4, it was almost a decade without a proper game, at best we had crappy sprite rips that still used sprites from the 90's. Right now Mega Man is in that spot. Mega Man needs it's Street Fighter IV revival. Until somebody pitches a foolproof game concept to Capcom, there won't be any real plans for a new game. It's not some tinfoil hat conspiracy that Capcom hates Mega Man and for some reason went into business to troll a small minority of internet users.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#5Syko_Darksyde(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 10:57:27 PM
Bitentili posted...

The original Mega Man games were a lot easier and fairer than a lot of the other games coming out in that time period.

lol you probably didn't grow up during the NES days. Wrapping Mega Man put you in the 'elite' group. You probably play Mega Man X or some crap (the very thing I am complaining about).
---
Remember, if you find yourself alone riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium. And you're already dead.
#6BitentiliPosted 7/13/2013 11:15:40 PM(edited)
Syko_Darksyde posted...
Bitentili posted...

lol you probably didn't grow up during the NES days. Wrapping Mega Man put you in the 'elite' group. You probably play Mega Man X or some crap (the very thing I am complaining about).

My family kept a generation behind to keep costs down. I played my NES with my Mega Man, Contra, Top Gun, Ghosts n Goblins, Mario 1 and 3, etc.

Mega man was by far the most fair out of all those games.
---
Not changing this signature until I can think of something better to put as a signature. Started March 20, 2011
#7Final_TranPosted 7/13/2013 11:16:14 PM
Bitentili posted...
Syko_Darksyde posted...
Bitentili posted...

My family kept a generation behind to keep costs down. I played my NES with my Mega Man, Contra, Top Gun, Ghosts n Goblins, Mario 1 and 3, etc.

Mega man was by far the most fair out of all those games.

Mario is much more fair than Mega Man
---
PSN: Trannol
#8AlltraPosted 7/13/2013 11:17:02 PM
Don't be knocking MMX, the first 3 titles in the X series are better than every original Mega Man Series game combined.

They might not be as difficult, but they're better.
---
"Cute" in an RPG is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9SigmaHacielPosted 7/13/2013 11:20:13 PM
Remember when that wasn't the case because only MM2 was "hard"? MM1 was cheap hard. Not the same thing.
---
Don't like my opinion? Gosick. There is a reason it is MY opinion and not yours.
#10smoky820Posted 7/13/2013 11:21:55 PM
megaman definitely wasnt for "hardcore" gamers back then mainly because there was no such thing there were just poorly balanced games. even so megaman 1-6 were just average difficulty at the time. there were plenty of harder games out there. and at the time many games came down to trial and error/memorization
---
scientists had till Dec 31 2009 to get off their asses and create megaman. they failed us.