This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get he hate for dmc or the fans of previous games

#1LightbornePosted 7/14/2013 3:09:57 PM
They constantly insult or accuse you of being a troll if you like the reboot, the game didn't do well and is likely do to fans and they completely disregard any logic outside of there opinion on the story because it changed its note freaken comic book series people. Have you seen the dmc boards?

The game has flaws but seriously just wow never seen a game get so much undeserved hate and they are hateful.

And now we may never see a dmc again because of this and that's disappointing.
#2eagles5343Posted 7/14/2013 3:16:16 PM
Most of DmC hate is not because DmC is an objectively a bad game (some people say it is, but that's a different debate), but because of what Capcom and NT did to Dante, who was liked for his old mannerisms.

Imagine if Disney rebooted Mickey Mouse by making him obsessed with getting laid and doing crack. That's gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way, because it's not the "old Mickey."
#3Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 3:21:34 PM
eagles5343 posted...
Most of DmC hate is not because DmC is an objectively a bad game (some people say it is, but that's a different debate), but because of what Capcom and NT did to Dante, who was liked for his old mannerisms.

Imagine if Disney rebooted Mickey Mouse by making him obsessed with getting laid and doing crack. That's gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way, because it's not the "old Mickey."

Its not hard to figure out he is a teenager and has to grow sigh not hard at all.
#4GamingNerd2013Posted 7/14/2013 3:24:32 PM
That's why it's a hit or miss when rebooting a game and the character model as well. I have only played the demo and it was pretty cool. I don't mind the new character look. Some people will hate it, some people will love it. That's part of life.

Tomb Raider reboot was a hit.

God of War: Ascension was a miss.
#5MwarriorHieiPosted 7/14/2013 3:34:40 PM

not just what they did to dante, but also how they butchered the gameplay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#6geekneck99Posted 7/14/2013 3:58:01 PM
eagles5343 posted...

Its not hard to figure out he is a teenager and has to grow sigh not hard at all.

Except he's most likely 27 in DmC, at least according to a statement from one of the developers.
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#7KiddDantePosted 7/14/2013 4:01:35 PM
eagles5343 posted...

You can't compare mickey mouse to Dante but you're right, I loved classic Dante he made the games awesome for everyone and it made me proud to have the same name when I was younger, now not only did they change his awesome look they made him unlikeable at the start of the game.
But even though I loved the old Dante you can't call the new dmc a bad game b/c of this, the gameplay was solid and I loved the combat+weapons, even though ebony and ivory now shoots peas.
#8Shadows In TimePosted 7/14/2013 4:54:42 PM(edited)
eagles5343 posted...

Dante never had a dog named Pluto and Mickey never went around stabbing people in the head. Completely different observation here. Just Saying.

Reboots are always going to be tough on the old fans, no matter what. Thatís just a given with any long-running series, but yeah, I see your point.
#9DarknessXSeekerPosted 7/14/2013 4:09:16 PM
I don't like DmC, but I don't hate on anyone that likes it. It is certainly better then DMC2 but that's all I can really say about it.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#10boring_namePosted 7/14/2013 4:17:36 PM
I enjoyed the new DmC. The writing was ambitious, and didn't always hit the mark, in fact it missed it fantastically at times, but it wasn't terrible. The game play was solid, but more difficulty options would have improved it. However, the production values were top notch, the sound track wasn't something I'd normally listen to but it fit the game well, and the art direction was great.
---
I'll get back to you.