This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get he hate for dmc or the fans of previous games

#101Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 7:30:33 PM
demonfang178 posted...
Lightborne posted...
DotsAndLines posted...
I don't get why some fanboys defend the game to the death.

I don't get what makes people on gfaws think there so special that they can judge people. I like the game but it has its flaws if I was a fanboy I wouldn't see the flaws. So much irony for you old school fanatics.

If you can see the flaws then why does this topic exist?

I never said the hated and biased views are the flaws that I saw.
#102demonfang178Posted 7/17/2013 12:46:28 AM
Lightborne posted...
demonfang178 posted...
Lightborne posted...
DotsAndLines posted...
I don't get why some fanboys defend the game to the death.

I don't get what makes people on gfaws think there so special that they can judge people. I like the game but it has its flaws if I was a fanboy I wouldn't see the flaws. So much irony for you old school fanatics.

If you can see the flaws then why does this topic exist?

I never said the hated and biased views are the flaws that I saw.

Yeah, flaws within the game. Not sure how you thought I was referring to anything else. Some of those flaws matter heavily for some people. So heavily that they dislike. This nothing more than a glorified game of connect-the-dots.
#103The_Zora_KingPosted 7/18/2013 2:04:18 PM
Don't bother with the DmC board. It's trash.
---
Si usted entiende esto, diga "Veo la luz!"
#104ukokira1Posted 7/18/2013 4:26:56 PM
Lightborne posted...
eagles5343 posted...
Most of DmC hate is not because DmC is an objectively a bad game (some people say it is, but that's a different debate), but because of what Capcom and NT did to Dante, who was liked for his old mannerisms.

Imagine if Disney rebooted Mickey Mouse by making him obsessed with getting laid and doing crack. That's gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way, because it's not the "old Mickey."

Its not hard to figure out he is a teenager and has to grow sigh not hard at all.

Telling everyone to **** off did not help either.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#105agrissaPosted 7/18/2013 4:30:13 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
Don't bother with the DmC board. It's trash.

Just like the game.
---
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
#106CrevensPosted 7/22/2013 5:49:10 PM
The problems with DmC for me are:

The plot: I can see what they were going for but I liked the cheesy plot of DMC it had charm while DmC's plot was badly written "My succubus is dead" even though they were trying to go serious with the plot some of the lines are just plain stupid and DmC didn't have the charm the plot of the DMC games had going for them.

The characters: Dante was just plain unlikable constantly swearing and flipping people off. I get that they were going for a punk feel for Dante but it just felt so forced.

The woman can't even remember her name, even though I played through the game several times was forgetable but the most likable member of the cast. (Probably because I hated every other character).
Just in general the cast was just hate worthy to me.

The gameplay: Whilst I found the game fun it just wasn't up to par DMC 3 & 4. The game was just too easy to get top grade on the hardest difficulty even after the patch and you had less options, even less if your talking DMC4 Dante. I did appreciate the camera switch to a more free one in DmC however.

The bosses: Were rubbish compared to DMC standards. I mean compare the final boss fight of DmC to any of the DMC's final bosses. They were all too easy also thats not to say DMC's didn't have some easy bosses but they also had plenty of challenging ones.

Going by this you might think I hated the game, but you would be wrong. I enjoyed it, its a fun game and there are plenty of bad games out there that I have played this isn't one of them. Its just not a true Devil May Cry to me.
---
PSN- Crevens NNID- Crevens
XBL- Crevens