This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone recommend me some games? *overlooked games*

#1SchmemanPosted 7/15/2013 10:35:53 AM
I'm thinking about getting a PS3 (for metal gear and blu-ray mostly) and I'm having a hard time finding some games I want for the console. My brother has a PS3 but he just recently moved out so I can't use it anymore. I'm planning on picking up Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Jak & Daxter Collection, and Initial D Extreme Stage... but I can't seem to find anything else. Most of the big budget games of this generation didn't really interest me, such as Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Call of Duty, et cetera.

Can anybody recommend me some good PS3 games that are sometimes overlooked and may not appear on a Top 10 list despite their quality? Thanks.
---
Alex
#2kstar213Posted 7/15/2013 10:46:39 AM
motor storm series

- probably best 3d experience u will get from game on current date, even without the 3d features, it was the most fun racing game for me.

dark souls

- this is where u can test ur anger meter, if u throw ur controller within 10 hours of game play, u will likely punch ur girl friend in the face, ;). from all jokes aside, this is one of the better rpg that still have a lot of mutipliers alive.

metal gear rising

- since u seems to be into metal gear franchise. even though this game is very short, it is the most satisfying cut them up slash game u will get ur hands on.
#3GradyHooverPosted 7/15/2013 10:48:19 AM
Schmeman posted...

Can anybody recommend me some good PS3 games that are sometimes overlooked and may not appear on a Top 10 list despite their quality? Thanks.

I need to know more about what kind of games you like first.

I mean, I'm guessing from your interest in Jak and Daxter that maybe you'd like other action/platformers. How about the Sly Collection? Or some Ratchet & Clank? Or the fantastic Infamous titles... those games are AWESOME.

But I don't know what else to say. I need more info from you, I think.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#4desert_santaPosted 7/15/2013 10:52:49 AM
Binary domain, lollipop chainsaw, yakuza 4, Valkyria chronicles, heavy rain
#5yenmaster1Posted 7/15/2013 10:52:51 AM
Nier and Deadly Premonition Director's Cut would be my recommendations. These might make a few people's top 10 lists, but probably will never be in GF top 10 faqs or boards.
#6ComfortablySadPosted 7/15/2013 10:56:01 AM
Alice Madness Returns
Deus Ex Human Revolution
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#7Bat178Posted 7/15/2013 10:57:36 AM
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#8yenmaster1Posted 7/15/2013 11:07:58 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
Alice Madness Returns
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Forgot about Deus Ex. The director's cut comes out in Sept and will be $29.99. Wait for that one or if you get ps+, vanilla Deus Ex is free.
#9ComfortablySadPosted 7/15/2013 11:11:52 AM
yenmaster1 posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
Alice Madness Returns
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Forgot about Deus Ex. The director's cut comes out in Sept and will be $29.99. Wait for that one or if you get ps+, vanilla Deus Ex is free.

Thanks for the heads up, I forgot about the director's cut.

One more game that isn't talked about much but is definitely worth playing; Just Cause 2.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#10Amaterasu55Posted 7/16/2013 11:24:57 PM
You can get Ico & Shadow of the Colossus bundle.