This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what makes Sephiroth so appealing?

#1DevilTears604Posted 7/15/2013 6:27:53 PM
This is just an honest question. I'm not trying to fan a flame war. I'm just curious as to why Sephiroth is held so high up among the greatest game villains ever.

My first Final Fantasy was X, so I didn't play FF VII as a kid. I've tried playing through it now, but just can't for whatever reason. So it might be that Sephiroth just doesn't hold the place in my heart that Jecht does.

This question was spurred on because I ended up listening to a little of Advent Children's One Wing Angel. It is quite epic sounding, even though the individual pieces sound cluttered and chaotic (although maybe that's the point)
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#2True_FoeHammerPosted 7/15/2013 6:31:15 PM
Partly because he's in the most popular game in the series, partly because he appeals to the mindset of a *non-insulting term for a basement dweller*. He's angsty, self-righteous, but actually acts on his plans. Dare I say it - people vicariously get enjoyment from him.
#3JanayBerryPosted 7/15/2013 6:32:30 PM
Give FFVII another try. It would be better if you "felt" the appeal rather than hear of other people's feelings of him.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry, Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
Anticipating arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" 8/27/13. {Excitement!} {Can I have it!?}
#4Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/15/2013 6:35:03 PM
His brushable hair.

Can't stop thinkin' bout it
---
<-<- Proud Graphics Whore ->->
#5SagovicPosted 7/15/2013 6:38:04 PM
He's an obnoxious cliché, the people who love him, are the same people who think Naruto is "AwEsOmE, dood". So that speaks volumes.
---
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
#6professional gamerPosted 7/15/2013 6:39:43 PM
Because he is Sephiroth.
---
PSN: Profess-Gamer
#7Sephivengeance9Posted 7/15/2013 6:42:03 PM
The simple answer is quite literally because he's from FFVII. It's the game that popularised FF and RPGs in general to the masses in the west, so just about everything from the game is held in high regard, even when it isn't all deserved.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#8wstfldPosted 7/15/2013 6:42:28 PM
He's a weeaboo man crush.
---
Last Played: Civilization V: Brave New World (9.5/10)
Now Playing: StarCraft 2, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us, Civ V
#9ace_spades111Posted 7/15/2013 6:44:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10boring_namePosted 7/15/2013 6:48:21 PM
Great cinematic cut scenes that blew people away at the time they were made. No one had seen scenes like Sephiroth walking through the flames before, it made a strong impression.
---
I'll get back to you.