This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game with the worst controls?

#1GrandUltimaPosted 7/16/2013 12:47:14 PM
I'm interested in which game you've played, you think had the worst controls.

My example isn't the best one, but I think the motion control stuff from Folklore was pretty bad, or at the very least I was bad at it. I really like that game and I've tried a couple of times to beat it, but I always seem to get stuck at some boss, because of the motion controls...

Just to clarify this isn't limited just for PS3 games, all games count.
---
Favorite game series: Sly Cooper, Star Ocean, Ar tonelico, Final Fantasy, Spyro (original trilogy), Pokemon and some others.
#2joegt123Posted 7/16/2013 12:50:32 PM
Metal gear solid. (Really awkward, though you get used to it) Disclusing peacewalker and 4. They revamped the controls.
Early armored core (ogahdwai)
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 7/16/2013 12:57:21 PM
Shadows of the Damned
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4SieKensouPosted 7/16/2013 1:01:25 PM
there's a difference between bad controls and controls that are just different and needs to be adjusted to.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#5RafedxPosted 7/16/2013 1:04:08 PM
GrandUltima posted...
I'm interested in which game you've played, you think had the worst controls.

My example isn't the best one, but I think the motion control stuff from Folklore was pretty bad, or at the very least I was bad at it. I really like that game and I've tried a couple of times to beat it, but I always seem to get stuck at some boss, because of the motion controls...

Just to clarify this isn't limited just for PS3 games, all games count.

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness for the PS2, the game is actually good but the controls just ruin anything that could have been go about it.

I played it again on the PC with the new fan made patches and they fixed the controls but they are still pretty wonky, but its not nearly as unplayable as the PS2 version.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#6akuma634Posted 7/16/2013 1:25:07 PM
I've always heard awful things about Lair. It was mostly Sixaxis controlled and that really hindered the game.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#7Bac0n01Posted 7/16/2013 3:36:54 PM
akuma634 posted...
I've always heard awful things about Lair. It was mostly Sixaxis controlled and that really hindered the game.

I think they fixed that in a patch, but ive never played it so idk.
---
Michael: "What was the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?"
Dwight: "Don't be an idiot. Changed my life."
#8Mad_CauliflowerPosted 7/16/2013 3:39:45 PM
akuma634 posted...

They improved the sixaxis response with their first patch (i personally didn't like the analogue controls since they didn't think to change some of the other buttons like dragon vision which was dpad up and both of your thumbs are on analogues), but it was still slightly hampered by the dodge mechanic which required a pretty heft jerk to the left and right.

Overall though, the flying worked well and once you got it down, you could kick all kinds of ass.
---
<-<- Proud Graphics Whore ->->