This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do they never translate/sub/dub the opening song in JRPG's and such?

#21jtrevor99Posted 7/17/2013 9:09:56 PM
Never? Ni No Kuni's is translated.
#22MwarriorHieiPosted 7/17/2013 9:17:46 PM
I love all the excuses being given for publishers in this topic. And I'm not saying that some of you might not be right, but the FACT is that these games are NOT getting a full and complete localization. That opening song and it's lyrics might not be vital to the game, but it IS there, and the FACT is that when there is ZERO translation, either by redoing the vocals in English or at LEAST offering a translated sub on the screen, there IS an element of these games that we the US consumers are totally unable to get out of the game.

and then we get a messy release like with class of heroes 2 being delayed by like a month or 2 because of the dubbed intro which didnt even make it into the final game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#23thisranksPosted 7/17/2013 9:27:58 PM
Because they aren't desperate enough to give the regionally challenged even more wood for the fire. Just from reading the first page alone is more than enough kindling.

Or maybe it's because specific developers don't follow along behind the delusions of the regionally challenged like the good little sheep you want them to be.

In any case all i care about is the music itself. Region or language doesn't matter.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#24ATTACK__CATPosted 7/18/2013 3:38:24 AM
wild arms 3+4 and possibly 5 did it.

I dont mind 3s, but 4s is pretty bad... but then i got the soundtrack and realised the japanese one is worse... so i guess its just not my type of music. which is a shame the extended version without vocals is awesome. those violins.
#25Evil_GogetaPosted 7/18/2013 3:40:25 AM
No need to.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona
Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
#26buffy720Posted 7/18/2013 4:30:16 AM
Simple answer - Because they don't need to. The songs are fine as they are. Once they are translated into English, nine times out of ten they sound utterly ridiculous.

I'm all for English dubbing, trust me, but I don't need the intro song to be in English if it isn't originally.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#27Sega_PlutoPosted 7/18/2013 4:58:22 AM
plasticman13 posted...
Because then you end up with songs like "My hands" in FFXIII.

That's a replacement, not a dub. They can do it, but choose not to. (Likely financial)
#28darkshadowmasterPosted 7/18/2013 5:02:11 AM
zyrax2301 posted...
They do sometimes.

WIND IS PUSHING MEE

Loved that song.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.